Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia without experience

Options
  • 03-07-2013 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

I have got my working holiday visa booked. Im not sure when to go, maybe September or October.

Im 30 now, almost 31, so I dont have the option of a second year visa.

What happen's if I end up loving the place and don't want to come home. It's just a year's working holiday visa.

I qualified as a veterinary nurse and looked into sponsorship and not a hope as I wouldn't meet the TSMIT.

However, I have also an ordinary degree in hotel management which I got in 2005. Hotel managers can get paid more than the TSMIT. I have no experience at all at hotel management. But can this work to get sponsorship?

If it can, I want to be smart with getting work and go straight for work in hotels.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

I have got my working holiday visa booked. Im not sure when to go, maybe September or October.

Im 30 now, almost 31, so I dont have the option of a second year visa.

What happen's if I end up loving the place and don't want to come home. It's just a year's working holiday visa.

I qualified as a veterinary nurse and looked into sponsorship and not a hope as I wouldn't meet the TSMIT.

However, I have also an ordinary degree in hotel management which I got in 2005. Hotel managers can get paid more than the TSMIT. I have no experience at all at hotel management. But can this work to get sponsorship?

If it can, I want to be smart with getting work and go straight for work in hotels.

Im not sure of the ins and outs of the new visa change regulations. A year is a very short time to travel australia and find an employer who will sponsor you. Hospitality is easy enough to get sponsored in if you have experience, If you have experience as a vet it may be a field where they are desperate for workers in, but this I do not know have a look at the skills list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

danotroy wrote: »
    Hospitality is was easy enough to get sponsored in

Fixed your post :D

The truth is no one is quite sure how the new regulations will affect 457 visas just yet. If it will be strictly enforced etc

Sit tight and keep watching this forum. I'm sure as things unfold, all the information you need will be found here.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

Batgurl wrote: »
    Fixed your post :D

The truth is no one is quite sure how the new regulations will affect 457 visas just yet. If it will be strictly enforced etc

Sit tight and keep watching this forum. I'm sure as things unfold, all the information you need will be found here.

Thanks for that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

There's also going regional which can get you a longer visa. There's regionally sponsored stuff where the requirements are reduced with the understanding that you'll live in the middle of nowhere for a period of time. Not sure would vet nurse be a required job but because you'd be out of the major areas it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

What state are you setting up in ? Remember that each state has its own skilled list alongside the main Australian skills list.

I would also recommend setting up a linkedin account i've been using this to connect with employer and recruitment agencies. There could be 100's of recruitment agencies in any one city and linkedin is a good way of searching for agencies in your field.

• Advertisement
Advertisement