Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evergreen

• 03-07-2013 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else had a strange experience with this product ?
    The lawn was weed free but now has mushrooms growing in it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Sounds like it killed weeds and fungi are feeding on the dead matter.

This should help

http://microbemagic.ucc.ie/about_microbes/fungi.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

Did you scrape the dead material out of the lawn ? Your supposed to wait 2 weeks after applying the Evergreen and then scape out all of the dead material so your grass can restablish itself. Pain in the ass but worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

The grass is amazing bar the few mushrooms . Il rake today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Is there any dead buried wood?

nope ... But I do have dogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

eat the mushrooms, you might have a nice trip:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

fryup wrote: »
    eat the mushrooms, you might have a nice trip:)

What sort of a stupid suggestion is that to make to someone ? Some people might actually take you serious, are you trying to kill them :mad:

hey man, lighten up

no fear of me eating them .. Hence why I suggested I have dogs that I'd rather not have to bring to the vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Evolution1 wrote: »
    nope ... But I do have dogs

I used that stuff before, did wonders for the grass, was very green and lush and no weeds.

I have not used it in a while as I have a dog and really it needs to be dug, but I have noticed some mushrooms appearing recently too, not something I ever noticed before.
    I assumed that spores were feeding on the dogs waste as Id never seen them before. I really need a strong rake to rake out the dead grass anyway, but I usually clear up the dogs mess every few days and try to keep the grass cut.

I intend to keep a seperate area for the dog and dig the parts that are patchy or dog dig,the whole lot if the former is unsuccessful at reviving it.

Anyone any tips for applying something that kills parasites in the ground where dogs waste has been without destroying the existing grass? ie something can apply across the entire lawn really?, I read certain parasites from dog waste can live in the ground for years and I want to convert it for use for a play area.

• Advertisement

on the box it says ...when moss goes black rake up and the grass will re-establish itself

well i raked up a month ago and no sign of the grass??

Advertisement