Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please! Campsites in Dunmore East?

Options
  • 03-07-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Looking for some help from anyone who can help please.

Heading camping (with tent) on Saturday and considering Dunmore East. However I cannot find any campsites listed.

Two I've seen mentioned online are Foyles and Queally’s, but I cannot find any info on them. Does anyone know if they have websites? Any you'd recommend? Group is adult plus kids 8-13. Looking for somewhere clean and safe. High on the list also is to be within walking distance to town centre for evening food and perhaps one or two the pub ;)

Do you have any info/recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Foyles also own The Strand Inn. If you call there they might be able to help you.

http://www.thestrandinn.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

New Campsite opened in Dunmore East in May, could be worth a look.

http://www.caravanandcampingireland.com/parks/dunmore/dunmore_east_holiday_park.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Cheers guys.

I emailed the Strand last night and they already got back to me with a contact so will follow that one up.

What's the new campsite like distance wise to the town centre do you know? Can it be walked, and with kids?

And are there really 9 pubs around town ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

biebiebie wrote: »
    Cheers guys.

I emailed the Strand last night and they already got back to me with a contact so will follow that one up.

What's the new campsite like distance wise to the town centre do you know? Can it be walked, and with kids?

And are there really 9 pubs around town ? :D

That is a serviced site for Camper Vans as far as i know, its up by the golf course, which is on a hill so don't know if the kids would like it. There are 6 Pubs/Restaurants in the village but also the sailing club and Golf Club. There is also a good bus service to Waterford which runs every hour up to 12 midnight if you need a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

the brother-in-law was out there 2 weeks ago and he said it was brill!
    facilities are brand new, views are amazing.
    all you need is the weather which looks good for the weekend.

i'm thinking about heading out there myself with the caravan this weekend
    providing they managed to get the new playground installed(due early this week)

it's great value too- Unit + 2adults,2kids,awning and electricity for 30 euro per night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement