Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Android app maker

Options
  • 03-07-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Anyone have any thoughts on software to make free android applications?

Also - any info on making apps for Apple devices?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bombbastic22

Anyone have any thoughts on software to make free android applications?

Also - any info on making apps for Apple devices?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You need to be more vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Not quite sure I get the question? Eclipse and Android Studio are both free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

draffodx wrote: »
    Not quite sure I get the question? Eclipse and Android Studio are both free.
    They said "make", not "develop". So my guess is that they're looking some WYSIWYG or 'wizard' that will allow them to create an app without any actual development knowledge. And it must be free.

If so, there are a few basic options for Android. Given this they tend to be specific to app types (such as content based apps) and often do require some sort of programming skills or mindset.

They're also, as I said, basic; so they tend to be very limited in what you can achieve. And being free, also tend to have strings attached; such as inserting banner advertising into your app.

• Advertisement

They said "make", not "develop". So my guess is that they're looking some WYSIWYG or 'wizard' that will allow them to create an app without any actual development knowledge. And it must be free.

If so, there are a few basic options for Android. Given this they tend to be specific to app types (such as content based apps) and often do require some sort of programming skills or mindset.

They're also, as I said, basic; so they tend to be very limited in what you can achieve. And being free, also tend to have strings attached; such as inserting banner advertising into your app.

Cheers!

So where do you think is the best place to start?

I basically want to create something with article content - like the journal newspaper app.

I do have a little programming knowledge but I'm just not sure where to start or what resources to look at.

I don't like the idea of gammy ad insertion.

Tanks.

DaLad wrote: »

Yeah - that looks good. Thanks.

Advertisement