Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Summer Camps?

Options
  • 03-07-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi,

just wondering can anyone suggest a good summer camp for primary school aged children. girl and a boy aged 7 and 4?

i know about the sport ones but my kids kind of like singing and dancing..

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

What town.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

St Michaels theatre, New Ross has one running the last week of July

doyler101 wrote: »
    Hi,

just wondering can anyone suggest a good summer camp for primary school aged children. girl and a boy aged 7 and 4?

i know about the sport ones but my kids kind of like singing and dancing..

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

Starcamp, is a performing arts summercamp, think they have it in enniscorthy next week. it does dancing, singing and drama. all about having fun really i think.

www.starcamp.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 14 annalee

Hi , Just wondering if anyone else can share their experience of starcamp - singing , dancing and drama camps for kids.
    I have 2 girls aged 6 and 7 who love this kind of thing but i would really like to hear from parents who have used this camp this summer.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Why post twice - if post had been properly read you would realize the question hasn't yet been answered. I am looking for peoples personal experiences.

annalee wrote: »
    Why post twice - if post had been properly read you would realize the question hasn't yet been answered. I am looking for peoples personal experiences.

Doesn't mean you can keep posting until you get an answer:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

I've 5 & 6 yr old girls doing it at the mo and I've mixed feelings about it... seems like a lot of kids there for just 2 twentysomethings to be looking after... the 6 yr old is quite sociable so she's doing fine but the 5 yr old is a bit shyer... She hasn't said much about if for the last few days so I hung around this morn and noticed her sitting on her own, she didn't take part in the dancing and they just left her (Again hard to do anything with so many kids approx 30 and only 2 leaders) then they were playing a game in a circle and when she didn't stand up they ignored her and carried on playing around her (I'd have liked to see them re-assuring her or explaining the game to her, the blurb on this camp is all about building confidence after all!)

Other things I don't like are
    1) they were told all about the CDs hats and hoodies they could buy on the 1st day & again yesterday, considering the camp is 90 euro you'd think they'd lay off the hard sell
    2) even though it cost that amount they were told to bring in their own colours today... you'd think they could afford a few boxes of crayons!

"The STARCAMP Ethos: Our main aim is to instil confidence and self-esteem in each boy and girl in everything that we do. We do this through constant praise, recognition and training. Starcamp is a balanced combination of the performing arts and the development of confidence in ALL children."
    This is the reason we picked starcamp, unfortunately however it seems to be much better suited to outgoing children.

She has already been left out of the play they are doing on friday, she told them she doesn't want to be a character so they've just left her be and she sits and watches while everyone else practices. Now she's not bothered by that, but again it goes completely against the ethos of the camp and the reason we sent her there in the first place...

Thank you very much for your honest opinion - you have answered all the things I was wondering about. It's so hard to judge from a website exactly what something is like as all the testimonials are so carefully selected.
    Many thanks

• Advertisement

Did I read something before that there is some religious element to the Starcamps ?? Maybe not.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note
    annalee there is no need to open up new threads on the same subject people will see your posts and will answer your questions on 1 thread if they can.
    I have merged both threads as they are about the same subject.

Advertisement