Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A series of break-ins: Dunboyne

• 03-07-2013 11:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    while driving home from work heading to the local watering hole,
    noticed a car on fire in Dunboyne parish car park. How sad and demented are the scum who torched the Octavia?
    Well it gets worse as a girl walks off the bus to find her red micra smashed up. My heart went out for her.
    Also, the owner of a 12MH silver golf. The owner hadn't turned up yet
    Crime rates are low in Dunboyne which is why it is quite a nice place to live. I regularly park my car there and take the bus if running short on time for getting to town etc.

There are a number of things that can be done but its too late for that octavia driver (least it looked like it).

If anyone seen or heard anything. Please don't hold back the info.
    That car was someone's way of getting around. Someone used that to ferry their children or to commute to a job and are now at a massive loss.

As a person who had a car vandalised and broken into I feel their pain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

What time was this at?

I was parked in that car park approx 5:30 yesterday (Tues 02/07/13)

Car park was almost empty but i remember seeing a 12 silver Golf there.
    Seen a couple of young lads (about 10-12) walking through it but then loads of kids hang around there.

Is there cctv in the church grounds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

This was approximatly 11.
    Sadly there is no cctv at all around it or near it. Only hope is local shops none of which would be able to show the act. It is sad to see cars being mindlessly torched. Esp when insurance may not entertain it.

Whatever about a break in. Ok sh!t happens and glass can be replaced but a car is not that easy especially if your only tpft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

congo_90 wrote: »
    Whatever about a break in. Ok sh!t happens and glass can be replaced but a car is not that easy especially if your only tpft.
    ? Thats exactly what the fire and theft part of third party fire and theft is for. There should be no issues with insurance

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

congo_90 wrote: »
    How sad and demented are the scum who torched the Octavia?
    You've answered your own question there C. Utter pricks. Problem is even if these scumbags are caught redhanded, what will happen to them? In and out of court in a morning, bound to the peace or community service at most. And they know it. Like I said on another thread hereabouts, if I get caught doing 140Kph on a motorway and don't or can't pay the fine, I'm likely to see the inside of the Joy, even if it's only for a night or two, however if little Scumbag O'Toole steals my car, does 200+Kph on an ordinary road, then burns my car out, he's more likely to get away with it.

? Thats exactly what the fire and theft part of third party fire and theft is for. There should be no issues with insurance
    I think C is talking about the vandalised red Micra that wasn't torched. TPFT won't cover that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement