Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Low temp with a concentric triton mixer shower

• 04-07-2013 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭

I have a triton concentric mixer shower in which the temperature is increasingly getting cooler even when the temp is turned to max hot setting. It was installed about 18 months ago and was fine in the beginning but now the water temp leaving the mixer unit is almost cold even though the hot pipe feed entering the mixing unit is hot. Before I get someone to look at it or attempt to look at it myself could anyone give me a pointer as to what might be the problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Could be blocked filter , faulty thermostatic cartridge , is your hot water extremely hot ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Id be looking at filter's first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭creedp

sullzz wrote: »
    Could be blocked filter , faulty thermostatic cartridge , is your hot water extremely hot ?

No the hot water would be at approx 50c (heated by HP) except on 1 day a week when boosted to 60c by immersion. Water temp in taps in same bathroom is fine and temp in other shower fine also. Will have a look at filter.

Could some tell me if I have to remove the entire unit to check filter or can it be accessed by removing the 'barrel' from the unit attached to wall? Not a plumber so have limited tools .. could a diy person look at this by just turning off water supply?

Thanks

creedp wrote: »
    No the hot water would be at approx 50c (heated by HP) except on 1 day a week when boosted to 60c by immersion. Water temp in taps in same bathroom is fine and temp in other shower fine also. Will have a look at filter.

Could some tell me if I have to remove the entire unit to check filter or can it be accessed by removing the 'barrel' from the unit attached to wall? Not a plumber so have limited tools .. could a diy person look at this by just turning off water supply?

Thanks

What model shower is it , also is it thermostatic or not.

What model shower is it , also is it thermostatic or not.

Its a triton concentric mixer shower for pressurised water system and its not thermostatic

• Advertisement

creedp wrote: »
    Its a triton concentric mixer shower for pressurised water system and its not thermostatic

Triton is the make , there should be a model , eg. Cassini , Thames etc , if its deffo not a thermostatic one it is more than likely a blocked filter . but you should be 100% sure its not thermostatic before you strip it apart , as old thermostatic cartridges can be a nightmare to refit when they come apart

Triton is the make , there should be a model , eg. Cassini , Thames etc , if its deffo not a thermostatic one it is more than likely a blocked filter . but you should be 100% sure its not thermostatic before you strip it apart , as old thermostatic cartridges can be a nightmare to refit when they come apart

I actually don't know what the model is .. there are no model markings on the unit itself. It was installed by a plumber and the packaging/instructions disgarded (which I hate). Must see if I can find the invoice. Thanks for warning on taking it apart .. another pet hate is there is no way of turning off water supply to shower without turning it off to the entire house. My wife would have a seizure if I turned off water and then couldnt put shower back together. Might be safer to leave it to the professionals. Thanks

Advertisement