Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LLB Evening Law Degree UL

• 04-07-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi!

I applied as a mature student to the Evening LLB Law Degree in UL and just received an email calling me to interview for the course.

Just wondering two things-

1. Is there anyone out there who is currently doing/has graduated from this course who could shed some light on what the interview actually involves?

2. Can any current students or graduates of this course give me an overview of the course/their opinion on the course overall?

I'm 28, have a 2:1 arts degree and have wanted to study law for a long long time... Since I was 13 or 14. I narrowly missed Law in UL by just a few points when I did my leaving cert 10 years ago and for a myriad of reasons ended up doing an Arts degree. I'm extremely academic and would love the study of law. If I am accepted to the degree, I would definitely be attracted to doing the FE1s and training to be a solicitor.

Any feedback from current students or graduates of this course would be huuugely helpful

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ClearlyClear

Hey,

I didn't do the evening LLB but rather Law Plus, but realistically you are doing the same modules with the same people.

U.L. is an amazing place to study, however in spite of the best efforts of the School of Law, U.L. does not have a high standing in the legal professional.

Which added to the fact that the legal industry is amazingly hard to break into, means that yes you may enjoy studying the thing (Which I would ask you what you expect studying law to be like, because its not what I imagined), but you are very unlikely to break into the industry.

Stats to back up my claim, this year 50 plus people will graduate from Law Plus of those less than 5 have legal jobs lined up. Compared to the stats from UCD this is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 suzywong55

Hey, I also have interview for this course. Best of luck with it!! I am very nervous too, I am just learning all about the school of law in general and what type of careers are open to people with law degrees. Getting fairly nervous about it now as its only a few days away but am also hoping it will be just generalised q's about why we want to do course and not loads of legal questions. Best of luck again and try not to worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cassie Nova

Thanks! Good luck to you too! It's so hard to know what they might ask. I'm not even sure what to wear! Hopefully it will be pretty informal.

Advertisement