Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed Killer

• 04-07-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a strong weed killer please? Got a huge three cut down from the back of the garden and the end of the garden cleared out. It was like a ditch to be honest. Need to start clearing up all the branches and flatten down what is a small mound across the back of the garden. Weeds starting to grow now and want them killed off asap. Some are your average weed, nettles etc while or two are big ones and growing from the stump of the tree.. Any ideas on the best weed killer please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Gallup or Touchdown will kill what they are sprayed on except ivy. They are essentially the same as Round up but much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

Squiggle wrote: »
    Gallup or Touchdown will kill what they are sprayed on except ivy. They are essentially the same as Round up but much cheaper.

Great thanks a lot. Would i pick either up in Woodies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭catastrophy

You will pick it up a lot cheaper at a farm supplies or builders merchants. Woodies pricing for stuff like that was extortionate the last time I looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

You will pick it up a lot cheaper at a farm supplies or builders merchants. Woodies pricing for stuff like that was extortionate the last time I looked.

Yes had a look there and expensive as you say. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Roundup bioactive 360 works well on weeds. Hard to kill Horsetail or ivy.
    I can buy 5l Roundup for €40 or 5l Gallup for €38 - so very disappointed in price of Gallup as I expected it to be much cheaper. Lots have said its the same but cheaper. Is it worth the risk for €2?
    I'm not promoting Roundup but I've yet to see a 360 product "much cheaper". I'm very interested in others views on prices as I've to make the investment this week.
    5L will last a few years as 1L costs €25 plus which is very expensive.
    Anyone had success with white vinegar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭eggox

RKQ wrote: »
    Roundup bioactive 360 works well on weeds. Hard to kill Horsetail or ivy.
    I can buy 5l Roundup for €40 or 5l Gallup for €38 - so very disappointed in price of Gallup as I expected it to be much cheaper. Lots have said its the same but cheaper. Is it worth the risk for €2?
    I'm not promoting Roundup but I've yet to see a 360 product "much cheaper". I'm very interested in others views on prices as I've to make the investment this week.
    5L will last a few years as 1L costs €25 plus which is very expensive.
    Anyone had success with white vinegar?

I tried to use white vinegar after reading it on pinterest, didnt work for me more of a tonic for weeds some say to mix salt with it but thats a bad idea if you plan on growing anything there afterwards. If i were you id just get the roundup and use it while the weather is promised good.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Hi
    I know nothing about garden except there is a weed [or something ] overtaking the garden and i cant seem to kill it...and roundup doesn't seen to effect it - at all!!! [see pic]
    what is this??
    and how to i kill it??? [its taking over the grass]

weeds.jpg

Advertisement