Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFA or ISME

Options
  • 04-07-2013 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if any of you out there are in either the Small Firms Assocation or ISME and which association would you recommend joining and why....

Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nipper banks

Hi,
    SFA has the backing of IBEC and therefore has more resources. ISME is more independent and is soley focussed on SME's.
    So it depends on whether you are seeking strong advocacy for SME's (ISME) or advice such as HR (SFA)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bombe

Thanks Nipper banks, information appreciated....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shader01

Hi there,
    I don't know anything about the SFA but I have been a member of ISME in the past and unfortunately haven't got any benefit from it. I was hoping they would give me advice on the best companies that provide certain services but when I asked them which bank had the lowest fees they said they recommended Bank of Ireland. I asked why they recommended Bank of Ireland and they said it's because that's the bank they are involved with. I said I wasn't interested in which bank they were involved with, I just wanted to know which one had the lowest fees. Unfortunately they weren't able to tell me but that was the reason I joined them to find the best value:( Neither did I get an business from it maybe because I didn't have time to attend any of their seminars but I presume that if I had time I could develop some contacts. In general I think that joining a national organisation is good if you have a product that sells countrywide but if you have a product or service that is more local you are probably better joining the local Chamber of Commerce or local business referral group. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bombe

Hi shader01, thats great feedback, will have to weight up my options.....

Advertisement