Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Just ordered my tickets. This could be brilliant. Looking forward to it already.
    Birneybau wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Tom Verlaines Television ?? - how brilliant , one of my favourite bands from my long distant youth

Yep - gone are the young skeletal figures who peered out from the cover of Marquee Moon.

Heres what we can expect:

thebaz wrote: »
    Tom Verlaines Television ?? - how brilliant , one of my favourite bands from my long distant youth

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

bullpost wrote: »
    Yep - gone are the young skeletal figures who peered out from the cover of Marquee Moon.

what an album - even in a great era for great albums

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I see they're playing Marquee Moon start to finish at the last All Tomorrows Parties. Do you reckon we'll get that here or will it just be a normal gig?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Would love to see them live. Not sure if I can make this though. :mad:

My tickets arrived in the post yesterday. Really looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Tonight!

Can not fcuking wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

Awesome, simply awesome. Hairs still standing on the back of my neck. Oddly, you wouldn't miss Richard Lloyd - Jimmy Rip is well able for it and him and Verlaine bounced off each other so well. Was at Pixies on Tuesday (... and I LOVE pixies) but you'd miss Kim - tonight had the edge out of the two gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

Awesome, simply awesome. Hairs still standing on the back of my neck. Oddly, you wouldn't miss Richard Lloyd - Jimmy Rip is well able for it and him and Verlaine bounced off each other so well. Was at Pixies on Tuesday (... and I LOVE pixies) but you'd miss Kim - tonight had the edge out of the two gigs.

Spot on- great gig. Fantastic to hear an album I never believed I would ever hear live! They were so tight & agreed- Jimmy RIP was simply amazing, a real edge to his playing. Funny, I gave The Pixies a miss just cos I thought it wouldn't be the same without Kim Deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Amazing gig, agree about Johnny Rip.

Great gig. Stupendous version of Marquee Moon.
    Bit pissed off with the yapping and smartphone activity where I was , but I suppose that's the way these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Great gig alright, yeah the 'replacement' guitarist was brilliant. Does anyone know where I could get the setlist?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

Goreme wrote: »
    Great gig alright, yeah the 'replacement' guitarist was brilliant. Does anyone know where I could get the setlist?

Setlist.fm is usually pretty good. There's one up for last night - not sure it's 100% accurate yet but it doesn't look too far off.

Advertisement