Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modifying Remington 870 Stock

Options
  • 04-07-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Was thinking of getting a better stock and fore end for my Remington 870. Is this allowed? would i need to get approval from my local gaurda station? If it is allowed do you think it would be an issue with customs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

You can have what you like and don't need to ask as long as it doesn't have a pistol grip, telescoping stock or folding stock. If you want a stock like that it would make it a restricted shotgun and you would need a new licence from he chief super instead. You also need a real reason for needing a restricted licence they don't just approve them like they do a normal licence. That being said I have a restricted shotgun licence so it can be done. There should be no problem with customs as long as you have a valid licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Thanks for the info Juice. its a pity the stock i was looking at had a pistol grip built into it :( . Oh well will just leave it as is.

Technically You could get a thumbhole stock such as this one. ;)

REM81114_1.jpg

funny you should post that, as that was the stock i was looking at , different color though :D

There is a shop in galway with them or atleast he had them a while ago. ;):pac:

• Advertisement

Thanks again Juice , will take a look. Plan B..... Ebay.com :pac:

No problem, Remember if you order it from outside the eu you will get hit with tax etc.. And if you are stopped by someone uninformed it wasn't me that said to get it only that technically you can. ha:pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement