Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General thread bugs

Options
  • 04-07-2013 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This has started today
    - When I read all of a thread and go into the forum afterwards, it'll still sometimes show the thread bolded as if there were new unread posts, but there aren't
    - If I go into a thread via 'go to last post' or 'go to last unread post' it'll take me to a random post in the last page or so and refuse to load the most recent posts, even though I know there are more.
    - On a 2 page thread earlier (definitely were 2 pages, it wasn't the ghost-extra-page issue) it refused to let me into page 2 and just took me to the OP no matter what way I clicked into the thread. I think I had to go back out a few times before I could get into page 2

It's just generally behaving oddly...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

+1 on all of these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Indeed all of these things are happening. I had just posted in a thread and when I clicked back into the thread my post wasn't there. Only after refreshing 50 times my post turned up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Thanks for the report, we'll take a look into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hey folks,

The issue was caused by some really log replication delays, basically our two database hamsters that give you most of your data fell behind the master hamster. We have identified the source and it won't happen again, apologies for the problems you experienced.

Thanks for the bug report.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement