Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[DFB] Temporary Emergency Services Controller

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Just did it myself, I found it hard as nails and I've been practicing my typing for weeks. I only got to the end of page 4 in the insurance bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lonfire1

Dave087 wrote: »
    Yeah I took the test today. Found it hard enough hopefully I passed it! The uk names and towns were difficult to spell I thought. Would've been better if they were irish towns and cities. What did you think of the test lonfire? How many of the call taker sims did you complete?

Yea the town names were tough .... not sure how many 4..5 maybe. My typing probably let me down. The test was over kill ... nothing like a real print out from control.
    The rest of the test was fine... it's hard to know how it went. I wonder will all the candidates that went for the dfb ff positions go for this too as a back up plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

lonfire1 wrote: »
    Yea the town names were tough .... not sure how many 4..5 maybe. My typing probably let me down. The test was over kill ... nothing like a real print out from control.
    The rest of the test was fine... it's hard to know how it went. I wonder will all the candidates that went for the dfb ff positions go for this too as a back up plan?

Yeah I was the same as yourself. I got 4 completed. I hope it's enough to get through. I don't know about anybody else but I applied for the controller and firefighter vacancies. I'd like to think the numbers applying for the control room jobs were a lot less.

Yeah I was the same as yourself. I got 4 completed. I hope it's enough to get through. I don't know about anybody else but I applied for the controller and firefighter vacancies. I'd like to think the numbers applying for the control room jobs were a lot less.

With a good majority happy with the fire fighter positions hopefully its better for us.

With a good majority happy with the fire fighter positions hopefully its better for us.

Yeah exactly. Any idea how many applied for the control room?

Yeah exactly. Any idea how many applied for the control room?

I heard a figure of 2000 somewhere, possibly earlier in this thread, possibly for the last competition. It's still up to PAS but maybe Arruabarrena knows?

When I asked DCC HR on the phone a few months ago they wouldn't tell me.

stringbox wrote: »
    I heard a figure of 2000 somewhere, possibly earlier in this thread, possibly for the last competition. It's still up to PAS but maybe Arruabarrena knows?

When I asked DCC HR on the phone a few months ago they wouldn't tell me.

2000 sounds like an alright figure considering 6500 applied for the firefighter role

2000 sounds like an alright figure considering 6500 applied for the firefighter role

Yeah and the requirements are pretty tough. Need 6/6 vision, be fit enough to be a FF/P and be a fast typist. I also found the verbal reasoning way tougher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

Did test online on Sunday, I got just over 4 of the insurance calls taken so overall I think it went well

Aurrabarena, any idea on how many applied, how many positions available for the second stage

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Just looked back through the material and it does not seem to say when the results are due out? has anyone spoke with PAS or heard anything solid?

• Advertisement

Just looked back through the material and it does not seem to say when the results are due out? has anyone spoke with PAS or heard anything solid?

It says results are out in April, did you do the test?

Robbie154 wrote: »
    It says results are out in April, did you do the test?

yes i did do the test. I was just wondering if anyone had firsthand knowledge of the exact date (not just the month)

yes i did do the test. I was just wondering if anyone had firsthand knowledge of the exact date (not just the month)

No just says results before end of April, how did you find the typing, how many did you get done, how many true false cannot says did you get done

No just says results before end of April, how did you find the typing, how many did you get done, how many true false cannot says did you get done

I answered 35 on the verbal reasoning. made a few errors on the math and nearly completed the 4th online form, think i was about to click and hit next page to begin no 5. you?

I answered 35 on the verbal reasoning. made a few errors on the math and nearly completed the 4th online form, think i was about to click and hit next page to begin no 5. you?

Answered 40 / 42, got 21 correct on maths with 1 wrong, got to start of page of page 6 on typing

Did you not get DFB anyway? How come you did this one too

Answered 40 / 42, got 21 correct on maths with 1 wrong, got to start of page of page 6 on typing

yes i did, Should be in the second class hopefully. because you are never guaranteed until you are in the door with the contract signed. ;)

Sounds like you did very well Rob, I wouldn't be too worried about anyone else.

Sounds like you did very well Rob, I wouldn't be too worried about anyone else.

Thanks, we'll see, thought results would have been out this week, hopefully next week, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Hey Robbie thanks for letting me know about this page.

I think I done alright answered about 38 or so on the verbal and cant remember exactly how many maths with 1 wrong.. for deffo

I got to 5th page of typing aswell.

I felt done alright could of been better. Here's hoping.

• Advertisement

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Hey Robbie thanks for letting me know about this page.

I think I done alright answered about 38 or so on the verbal and cant remember exactly how many maths with 1 wrong.. for deffo

I got to 5th page of typing aswell.

I felt done alright could of been better. Here's hoping.

No problem, did you go for DFB aswell, I missed out at interview stage

Yeah I went for DFB. I was 30 places out from getting called for an interview.... I gave both my best shot, DFB and control room tests, so thats all I can ask of myself.

I told/ keep telling myself, that I went down on point scoring on the fire safety awarness part of the test. As in, a couple of millimeters on the answers I gave could of getting me a call for an interview... as the song goes "que sera sera"

Would love to get called for the control room now obviously. I felt I grew in confidence with my typing as the test went on so hopefully my score will be good enough to get me the interview...

What was the interview like ? How many people on the panel interviewed you ?
    How did you find the control room test yourself ?

Yeah I went for DFB. I was 30 places out from getting called for an interview.... I gave both my best shot, DFB and control room tests, so thats all I can ask of myself.

I told/ keep telling myself, that I went down on point scoring on the fire safety awarness part of the test. As in, a couple of millimeters on the answers I gave could of getting me a call for an interview... as the song goes "que sera sera"

Would love to get called for the control room now obviously. I felt I grew in confidence with my typing as the test went on so hopefully my score will be good enough to get me the interview...

What was the interview like ? How many people on the panel interviewed you ?
    How did you find the control room test yourself ?

Thought the control room test went well enough, time will tell though, there was 3 people on the interview panel

The wait is killing me! Hopefully we hear something this week!

They said end of April so at most it's 10 days, it is a killer though waiting on it to come around though, hopefully it's this week alright

I would guess the end of this week. PAS seem to send out a lot of stuff on Fridays

EDIT: I just rang PAS, no results this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 hanniffy1701

Anyone get results yet

Anyone get results yet

Not yet!

Anyone else having trouble logging into public jobs this morning?

Anyone else having trouble logging into public jobs this morning?

Have not tried no email on results yet

results are out. check your public jobs messages

• Advertisement

results are out. check your public jobs messages

Has anyone an idea the numbers being called back?

Woo! Top 60!

I wonder how many people applied.

Woo! Top 60!

I wonder how many people applied.

Not sure got in the top 100 so will be waiting on next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 N1ceWan

Top 70 myself. Anyone over the 100 mark?

well the way the firefighter roll went was results from stage 1 were released 21/12/2015 invitation to stage 2 was released on 05/01/2016. people who were successful were invited forward but people who qualified but did not get through were told nothing on 05/01/2016 but instead a few days later got an email telling them they were not being considered any further

also to add, the top 10% were invited to aptitude in person. (6900 completed online test 690 invited for aptitude) of the 690 candidates who did the aptitude in person 450 were invited to interview so almost 30% were dropped of the 450 for interview a panel of 150 was formed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭5500

Panel will likely be small on this, IIRC the last controller panel was only about 50 with close to 30 jobs at the time.

Not fully sure on how many they are looking to take through but possibly the same again if the previous 30 or so from the last recruitment have progressed to FF with the current classes.

So possibly 250 supervised, 150 interviewed, panel of 50 at a rough guess

Top 60 myself ... please tell me that will get me a chance to get to the next round at least

have to agree, i would assume about 250 to stage 2

Thats great news (hopefully) TJ Hooker

• Advertisement

Thats great news (hopefully) TJ Hooker

I had to ring p.a.s, I was told that who ever got through in order of merit will be called to the second stage. We should be getting word next week with further info..
    Hope this helps.

Just got results, top 15 for me, well done to all on results, looks like we all did well

Just got results, top 15 for me, well done to all on results, looks like we all did well

Nice one lad you must be a typing machine!

Top 60 myself ... please tell me that will get me a chance to get to the next round at least

Yes says on the message Further to your participation of Stage 1 (online assessments) in respect of your candidature for the above campaign, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard and have been placed

just to note lads, even if you get no 1 one in Order Of Merritt (OOM) i means nothing in the next round. you start again unless you drop more than 20% then you will be discounted from the process, After that if you get in to interview you will be assigned a random number and the panel will not know where you came.

point being dont get too hung up on how high or low you come. as long as you get to interview the playingfield is open to all,

just to note lads, even if you get no 1 one in Order Of Merritt (OOM) i means nothing in the next round. you start again unless you drop more than 20% then you will be discounted from the process, After that if you get in to interview you will be assigned a random number and the panel will not know where you came.

point being dont get too hung up on how high or low you come. as long as you get to interview the playingfield is open to all,

Thanks for that got next stage so happy with that.

Is the test the same again dose anyone know?

Is the test the same again dose anyone know?

the style of test will be the same but the context will be different. They need you to reproduce your original score. if they change the test completely they have nothing to gauge your changing levels.

they probably will however add an additional test like the observation test for the firefighter exam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭5500

Id expect your previous tests again for verification and then another 2/3 at least added in. Last time around it was observation x 2 and a numeracy based one (air time) in addition to the first set of online tests. The additional tests is where they will most likely cut down on the numbers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 N1ceWan

Did anyone else get the mail with Stage 2 dates?

Advertisement