Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DFB] Temporary Emergency Services Controller

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

Hi All, anyone know if we can request feedback on interview etc or what the process is? Would be useful and nice to know what they liked/didn't like, and how to improve for next time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭thatboy

You can request feedback on all public jobs. Not sure how you go about it here

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sf191

No job offers just yet anyway.

Do you know when the recruit classes will start by any chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

If you want feedback, write to the person from DCC who signed the letters addressed to you requesting your marks & interview notes. They have no problem issuing you this and will include the average mark off the successful candidate in the letter back to you.

A panel with DCC last's for one year from date of results with DCC having the option to extend it for one more year, if the Department allows. Hopefully my mate who got 40th gets called & unlucky all those who didn't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

You can extend panels for longer than two years, look at the old FF panel for example.

No idea on 1st recruit class just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Papfluff

Hi guys a best friend got yo interview but was unsuccessful after that stage. Would there be a chance he could still be called upon or is that a definite No No ?

That's a "no no", that means he's out of the competition, they sent successful candidates info and made a panel to fill any extra positions that may come up! Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

1st Class starting mid-late January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭thatboy

Any idea if the panel will get a look in any time in the near future?

First 10 will get job offers. They will undertake a 3 month training programme. Then, all going well, the next 10 will be offered.

• Advertisement

First 10 start a 11 week course
    Depending on take-up the next two courses may involve more of the panel.

Exactly. Max of 10 at a time due to lack of space in ERCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sf191

Exactly. Max of 10 at a time due to lack of space in ERCC.

You any idea when the first 10 candidates will be called for a medical . Thanks a lot

I happened to be talking to someone fairly high up in the org and was shocked when it was said that 20of these posts went to people who were related to officers in the org ...... Is the place full of that much politics ?or do you guys reckon this type of scandal is true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dccwinkers

I'm sure it's true. ****ing all boys club. Not what u know, it's who u know. I'm sure some deserved it, and I'm sure some got bumped up cos of daddy. No wonder they are paying peanuts cos they just took on a bunch of monkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

just to counter that, i heard a good good few sons, daughters etc who didnt make the panel, rumors will always fly around lads

Also to counter; I went for it, didn't get it (wasn't far off) and I have some family in it (not directly as in father or brother etc), but have an uncle in it.

Total and utter garbage

The campaign wasn't run by DFB also, it's public appointments service acting as the recruitment agency for want of a better word, so it's very hard for pull to get you in! It's not like the old days! It'll be the same for the Guards this year, not like the old days

Papfluff wrote: »
    I happened to be talking to someone fairly high up in the org and was shocked when it was said that 20of these posts went to people who were related to officers in the org ...... Is the place full of that much politics ?or do you guys reckon this type of scandal is true ?

Absolute crap

• Advertisement

Dccwinkers wrote: »
    I'm sure it's true. ****ing all boys club. Not what u know, it's who u know. I'm sure some deserved it, and I'm sure some got bumped up cos of daddy. No wonder they are paying peanuts cos they just took on a bunch of monkeys.

Sour grapes....;)

Johonnyrotten your name says it all no need to be so rude .....as a person who holds dfb in high regard I was shocked at what I was told and wondered was there an ounce of truth in it ....I guess only time will tell

Papfluff wrote: »
    Johonnyrotten your name says it all no need to be so rude .....as a person who holds dfb in high regard I was shocked at what I was told and wondered was there an ounce of truth in it ....I guess only time will tell

@Papfluff
    Sorry,
    I wasn't being rude, apologies if it came across that way. I was simply saying that what you heard was total rubbish

JR

Ok thanks for that appreciate your response

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dccwinkers

Sour grapes....;)

Sour ain't the word for it. Without doubt pull comes in to play at interview stage. Nothing can be done at aptitude stage.and if 20 spots went to dfb officers kids who u kidding that it doesn't happen. I see someone said he knows of other dfb sons and daughters not getting it but they can't give all 28 spots to relatives.be like another confined competition . Cronies and jobs for the boys.

Dccwinkers wrote: »
    Sour ain't the word for it. Without doubt pull comes in to play at interview stage. Nothing can be done at aptitude stage.and if 20 spots went to dfb officers kids who u kidding that it doesn't happen. I see someone said he knows of other dfb sons and daughters not getting it but they can't give all 28 spots to relatives.be like another confined competition . Cronies and jobs for the boys.

20 spots did not go to DFB Officers Kids

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Truthtalker

Sour grapes....;)

Johnnyrotten you seem very quick to defend Dfb?

I know several people within Dfb and the fact is that lots of phone calls get made to certain people coming up to the interview stage of the process. Just to let certain people aware of who the candidates are (sons, daughters etc)

It would be very naive to believe that "who you know" doesn't influence the outcome of these campaigns, anyone with a brain knows it 100% Does!!

Johnnyrotten you seem very quick to defend Dfb?

I know several people within Dfb and the fact is that lots of phone calls get made to certain people coming up to the interview stage of the process. Just to let certain people aware of who the candidates are (sons, daughters etc)

It would be very naive to believe that "who you know" doesn't influence the outcome of these campaigns, anyone with a brain knows it 100% Does!!

@Truthtalker , What is your real Boards name?
    I see "truthtalker" that this is your 1st post on Boards.
    Are you the same person as DCCwinkers who has accrued 2 posts?
    Come out from hiding and post from your real Boards ID!!
    • I never said that people don't try to influence the interview boards.
    • The Interviews are all competency based
    • Only 1 of the 3 members of the interview board is a DFB members
    • 20 spots did not go to DFB Officers Kids

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Truthtalker

@Truthtalker , What is your real Boards name?
    I see "truthtalker" that this is your 1st post on Boards.
    Are you the same person as DCCwinkers who has accrued 2 posts?
    Come out from hiding and post from your real Boards ID!!
    • I never said that people don't try to influence the interview boards.
    • The Interviews are all competency based
    • Only 1 of the 3 members of the interview board is a DFB members
    • 20 spots did not go to DFB Officers Kids

Firstly what does it matter if this is my 1st post or my 10,000th??

You seem to be using "the best form of defence is attack" approach on this thread?

By your 1st point I'm glad to see you agree that people try and influence the interview boards. It would seem logical that to influence a board you must know a member of the board. How would you get to know a fire officer? By working in the fire service?

It's who you know

• Advertisement

Firstly what does it matter if this is my 1st post or my 10,000th??

You seem to be using "the best form of defence is attack" approach on this thread?

By your 1st point I'm glad to see you agree that people try and influence the interview boards. It would seem logical that to influence a board you must know a member of the board. How would you get to know a fire officer? By working in the fire service?

It's who you know

You obviously didn't just join boards to post about this and you are hiding behind another ID. To quote you " anyone with a brain knows it 100%"
    Why not come out???

I'm not attacking anyone, all I'm saying is that the post about 20 Fire officers' sons or daughters getting the job was complete rubbish!

Nor am I defending anyone, obviously people are going to try and get their sons/daughters a job, wouldn't you????

Obviously their efforts were unsuccessful, certainly to the extent that was posted here.

Advertisement