Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DFB] Temporary Emergency Services Controller

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

Next time wont be for 3 years I'd say. When the 28 successful people move on to become firefighters they'll have to recruit again. Certainly not in 12 months (I'm sorry to say).

Thats not the answer i was looking for :(

however you do seem to have some great insider knowledge, so i'd say your pretty accurate unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

I'm sure people are aware that the date for the physicals has been set, medicals now being arranged for the days beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sf191

I'm sure people are aware that the date for the physicals has been set, medicals now being arranged for the days beforehand.

Is everybody going for them now or just the first 10

Just the first 10

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sf191

Ok thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Utd86

Any news when group 2 wil b called or wen group 1 is finished their trainin??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

DFB to recruit externally the end of this year

http://www.98fm.com/Dublin-Fire-Brigade-Is-Hiring

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

I applied for the external competition last year and missed the cut for the interview, however I was told that if any more vacancies were to arise I would be contacted. I wonder would they use the people still on last years panel or if they'll just start a new recruitment again??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

same as myself. to qoute the email: im am pleased to inform you have been sucessful at stage ... aptitude testing and you have been placed .... in the order of merit. at this time dcc intend to interview upto and including 100 on the order of merit, should future vacancies arise dcc will contact you directly.

they did indeed do that as they ended up interviewing up to 140 on the order of merit. im just outsode of that number and to be honest am expecting to be interviewed for this new panel.

D Trent wrote: »
    DFB to recruit externally the end of this year

http://www.98fm.com/Dublin-Fire-Brigade-Is-Hiring

Total fabrication

• Advertisement

Utd86 wrote: »
    Any news when group 2 wil b called or wen group 1 is finished their trainin??

Group 1 hasn't started yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭thatboy

Has anyoine done there fitness test and medical, how is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 David23686

Does anyone know if and when DCC are going to take the next 10 candidates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

How's things, I know that DFB took on controller recruits and lads from the council as firefighters this year but anyone hear any rumours of them needing to recruit publicly because they were expecting more numbers suitable from the council workers.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Tintin8 wrote: »
    How's things, I know that DFB took on controller recruits and lads from the council as firefighters this year but anyone hear any rumours of them needing to recruit publicly because they were expecting more numbers suitable from the council workers.
    Thanks
    the working rumor at present is they will take the new controllers as fire fighters internally, as when sitting that aptitude test we had to sit all the typical fire fighter aptitude tests also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Tintin8 wrote: »
    Thanks

Doubt they will be recruiting publicly for a long, long time. From what I heard they got the required number of candidates from DCC for firefighters and then recruited publicly for control room staff. With the proposed plan from hse to take over the ambulance service entirely in the city centre from the dfb, its unlikely the dfb will be stuck for staff if they are losing their ambulances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pinkeyedfrog

bono_v wrote: »
    Doubt they will be recruiting publicly for a long, long time. From what I heard they got the required number of candidates from DCC for firefighters and then recruited publicly for control room staff. With the proposed plan from hse to take over the ambulance service entirely in the city centre from the dfb, its unlikely the dfb will be stuck for staff if they are losing their ambulances.

It's not fair to say they "are" losing their ambulances. DFB are undergoing review by HIQA the results of which will ultimately decide our fate. In the case that they do keep their ambulances they will also be getting more ambulances to take on. The HSE for the most part don't want the ambulances anyway.

So. if things went that way DFB would have to recruit within the next two years. The service is short of bodies as it stands and there a fair few either awaiting or approaching retirement.

So all is not lost! Hang tight!

It's not fair to say they "are" losing their ambulances. DFB are undergoing review by HIQA the results of which will ultimately decide our fate. In the case that they do keep their ambulances they will also be getting more ambulances to take on. The HSE for the most part don't want the ambulances anyway.

So. if things went that way DFB would have to recruit within the next two years. The service is short of bodies as it stands and there a fair few either awaiting or approaching retirement.

So all is not lost! Hang tight!

Pinkeyedfrog that's why I said "if" they are losing their ambulances. Just that there is alot of talk about it. I can't really disagree with anything you've said. We'll just have to wait and see how all this pans out. I honestly don't even think the head honchos in dfb or nas even know what is going to happen.

Pinkeyedfrog that's why I said "if" they are losing their ambulances. Just that there is alot of talk about it. I can't really disagree with anything you've said. We'll just have to wait and see how all this pans out. I honestly don't even think the head honchos in dfb or nas even know what is going to happen.

Ah yes so you did! My bad!! And your dead right. No one really knows whats going to happen! Personally and Im sure most here would agree that its a terrible idea! The HSE is overloaded as it is and DFB's integrated EMS works very well! If anything it should be investment and improvement. You never know you could see this proposal reversed sometime in the future where they may want DFB to take the the bulk of ambulance coverage for the Dublin area if they reckoned it was more efficient or economical.

One thing that is clear is that there should be only one organisation handling operations and control for both services and not have ambos responding to calls passing one another in opposite directions on the street.

Ah yes so you did! My bad!! And your dead right. No one really knows whats going to happen! Personally and Im sure most here would agree that its a terrible idea! The HSE is overloaded as it is and DFB's integrated EMS works very well! If anything it should be investment and improvement. You never know you could see this proposal reversed sometime in the future where they may want DFB to take the the bulk of ambulance coverage for the Dublin area if they reckoned it was more efficient or economical.

One thing that is clear is that there should be only one organisation handling operations and control fYor both services and not have ambos responding to calls passing one another in opposite directions on the street.

Absolutely. Most ridiculous part of it all is there is two organisations, in the one room not sending the nearest available resource to a call.
    One control room ran by one organisation, doesn't matter dfb or hse, has to send the nearest available resource whether its dfb or hse end of story. Absolute madness the way it is being run at the moment.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. Most ridiculous part of it all is there is two organisations, in the one room not sending the nearest available resource to a call.
    One control room ran by one organisation, doesn't matter dfb or hse, has to send the nearest available resource whether its dfb or hse end of story. Absolute madness the way it is being run at the moment.

Yeah absolutely, but alas this is but one imperfection in a healthcare system with such amazing potential. Ireland never ceases to stop going backwards though! Its sad!!

Second class starting soon I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 CZ452.22

Second class starting soon I believe

Hi,do you know if anyone who passed the apptitude tests with an overall of 163 will ever be called for interview?I heard 140 were interviewed for the 28 positions so does that mean that I'd be 23 on a panel?The letter I received stated that I passed and that they "could" be in touch should further vacancies come up.Any information much appreciated.Thanks.

Yeah I also scored just outside the first 140. What would be the chances of the remainder of us getting called for an interview?

Honestly don't know. There is still another 20+ people on the initial panel. Should only be another 8 or so of them required for the next class.

How has this been working out. Have they brought in all the successful candidates. Was on a panel myself.

Yeah I was also put on a panel. Haven't heard anything from it. I presume it's just forgotten about and their just going to start another recruitment drive in another year or 2

I'm guessing with latest news on the DFB control room. People on the panel (like myself) should assume it will be scrapped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

thatboy wrote: »
    I'm guessing with latest news on the DFB control room. People on the panel (like myself) should assume it will be scrapped?

DFB will still have a fire service control for dublin and a lot of other counties so they will still need controllers granted not as many but will still need them I'd say anyway

• Advertisement

I'm on the controller panel also but I can't see any more people being used from it.I hope I'm wrong though!

Advertisement