Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DFB] Temporary Emergency Services Controller

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Has anyone considered the option of Family Income Supplement and the other support the State offers if you are willing to work for relatively low employment income when having mouths to feed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Anybody know when this will start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tom121

when is the online test for the control room in dfb anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

First round Aptitudes begin 31st of March.

Did anybody else do the practice tests online yet? Found the call centre sim tough enough.

• Advertisement

stringbox wrote: »
    Did anybody else do the practice tests online yet? Found the call centre sim tough enough.

i found it straight forward enough. Only thing i didnt like was it did not give you a score or an idea of how you did or what would be expected of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Anybody attempt the pre test material? How are you all finding the typing?

Does anyone know if where to get a copy of the info booklet? I thought I saved it to my computer but unfortunately I did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lonfire1

Just wondering what anyone thought of the online test
    Myself I thought the call test should be at least for Ireland not the UK ... what's that about??
    Money saving again.

Yeah I took the test today. Found it hard enough hopefully I passed it! The uk names and towns were difficult to spell I thought. Would've been better if they were irish towns and cities. What did you think of the test lonfire? How many of the call taker sims did you complete?

• Advertisement

Just did it myself, I found it hard as nails and I've been practicing my typing for weeks. I only got to the end of page 4 in the insurance bit.

Dave087 wrote: »
    Yeah I took the test today. Found it hard enough hopefully I passed it! The uk names and towns were difficult to spell I thought. Would've been better if they were irish towns and cities. What did you think of the test lonfire? How many of the call taker sims did you complete?

Yea the town names were tough .... not sure how many 4..5 maybe. My typing probably let me down. The test was over kill ... nothing like a real print out from control.
    The rest of the test was fine... it's hard to know how it went. I wonder will all the candidates that went for the dfb ff positions go for this too as a back up plan?

lonfire1 wrote: »
    Yea the town names were tough .... not sure how many 4..5 maybe. My typing probably let me down. The test was over kill ... nothing like a real print out from control.
    The rest of the test was fine... it's hard to know how it went. I wonder will all the candidates that went for the dfb ff positions go for this too as a back up plan?

Yeah I was the same as yourself. I got 4 completed. I hope it's enough to get through. I don't know about anybody else but I applied for the controller and firefighter vacancies. I'd like to think the numbers applying for the control room jobs were a lot less.

Yeah I was the same as yourself. I got 4 completed. I hope it's enough to get through. I don't know about anybody else but I applied for the controller and firefighter vacancies. I'd like to think the numbers applying for the control room jobs were a lot less.

With a good majority happy with the fire fighter positions hopefully its better for us.

lonfire1 wrote: »
    With a good majority happy with the fire fighter positions hopefully its better for us.

Yeah exactly. Any idea how many applied for the control room?

Yeah exactly. Any idea how many applied for the control room?

I heard a figure of 2000 somewhere, possibly earlier in this thread, possibly for the last competition. It's still up to PAS but maybe Arruabarrena knows?

When I asked DCC HR on the phone a few months ago they wouldn't tell me.

I heard a figure of 2000 somewhere, possibly earlier in this thread, possibly for the last competition. It's still up to PAS but maybe Arruabarrena knows?

When I asked DCC HR on the phone a few months ago they wouldn't tell me.

2000 sounds like an alright figure considering 6500 applied for the firefighter role

2000 sounds like an alright figure considering 6500 applied for the firefighter role

Yeah and the requirements are pretty tough. Need 6/6 vision, be fit enough to be a FF/P and be a fast typist. I also found the verbal reasoning way tougher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

Did test online on Sunday, I got just over 4 of the insurance calls taken so overall I think it went well

Aurrabarena, any idea on how many applied, how many positions available for the second stage

Just looked back through the material and it does not seem to say when the results are due out? has anyone spoke with PAS or heard anything solid?

• Advertisement

Just looked back through the material and it does not seem to say when the results are due out? has anyone spoke with PAS or heard anything solid?

It says results are out in April, did you do the test?

Robbie154 wrote: »
    It says results are out in April, did you do the test?

yes i did do the test. I was just wondering if anyone had firsthand knowledge of the exact date (not just the month)

yes i did do the test. I was just wondering if anyone had firsthand knowledge of the exact date (not just the month)

No just says results before end of April, how did you find the typing, how many did you get done, how many true false cannot says did you get done

No just says results before end of April, how did you find the typing, how many did you get done, how many true false cannot says did you get done

I answered 35 on the verbal reasoning. made a few errors on the math and nearly completed the 4th online form, think i was about to click and hit next page to begin no 5. you?

I answered 35 on the verbal reasoning. made a few errors on the math and nearly completed the 4th online form, think i was about to click and hit next page to begin no 5. you?

Answered 40 / 42, got 21 correct on maths with 1 wrong, got to start of page of page 6 on typing

Did you not get DFB anyway? How come you did this one too

Answered 40 / 42, got 21 correct on maths with 1 wrong, got to start of page of page 6 on typing

yes i did, Should be in the second class hopefully. because you are never guaranteed until you are in the door with the contract signed. ;)

Sounds like you did very well Rob, I wouldn't be too worried about anyone else.

Sounds like you did very well Rob, I wouldn't be too worried about anyone else.

Thanks, we'll see, thought results would have been out this week, hopefully next week, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Hey Robbie thanks for letting me know about this page.

I think I done alright answered about 38 or so on the verbal and cant remember exactly how many maths with 1 wrong.. for deffo

I got to 5th page of typing aswell.

I felt done alright could of been better. Here's hoping.

• Advertisement

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Hey Robbie thanks for letting me know about this page.

I think I done alright answered about 38 or so on the verbal and cant remember exactly how many maths with 1 wrong.. for deffo

I got to 5th page of typing aswell.

I felt done alright could of been better. Here's hoping.

No problem, did you go for DFB aswell, I missed out at interview stage

Advertisement