Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DFB] Temporary Emergency Services Controller

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

This is from the Call Centre Simulation

This test measures your ability to capture audio information and input this into predefined fields. You will have 5 minutes to complete the 8 pages in this test.
    You will be given Data Entry Guidelines in the test instructions. Please read these carefully and follow this format during the test. It is important that you access the practice link to the call centre simulation test as there are no practice items as part of the test itself.
    You will hear a series of numbers and letters that you must enter into the first field. When you have typed this information press the tab or key and you will hear the next set of information. Do not press the ‘next’ button at the bottom of the screen until you have filled in all of the fields.

What does this bit mean??

You will have one opportunity to hear the information and complete this test.

Will you be given headphones for this bit of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

The "Next button" part, is that what you are reffering to ? It means that when you are doing the test you just keep pressing tab and the screen/test page will move onto the next page automatically. So if you press the next button it will finish your test as soon as you hit the button.

I was wondering the same as you Robbie regards are we given headphones? I am going to presume we will be given headphones but I am going to have a pair with me just incase ie. My phone earbuds

Best of luck to everyone taking the tests.

Jim Royle wrote: »
    The "Next button" part, is that what you are reffering to ? It means that when you are doing the test you just keep pressing tab and the screen/test page will move onto the next page automatically. So if you press the next button it will finish your test as soon as you hit the button.

I was wondering the same as you Robbie regards are we given headphones? I am going to presume we will be given headphones but I am going to have a pair with me just incase ie. My phone earbuds

Best of luck to everyone taking the tests.

Hi Jim, no the bit I'm talking about is where it says, you will have ONE opportunity to hear the information

Surely if you to hear it again you can press the F9 button?

Sorry Robbie, by the sound of it we will only get 1 chance to hear the information.

I cant remmeber on the online test was there an option to get the info repeated ?!

I just remember focusing on all the info I could hear and just getting that info on to the screen as quick as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

Considering what they're trying to simulate you might not get a second chance to get the info when the caller is screaming down the phone for help. In reality it's probably twice as difficult to get the info considering different nationalities and accents. They're probably of the mind set that of you can't get this info first time from a slow taking English woman how can you obtain the info from a panicked russiann who barely speaks English ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

No you are all wrong. You have one attempt to complete the practice test it its entirety.

After that the link doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

F6 I think it was repeated the info in the practice test and I think F8 spelt it out for you.

Anyone know how many got through to stage 2 of the aptitude

Roughly 350 or so I think is the amount to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Any idea how many are going to interview?

• Advertisement

I dont know exactly Dave how many are going to interview stages but I think someone said in and around 100 or so... now dont quote me on that but I think it is roughly 100 maybe 120 ?!?!?

Just finished doing my revision work for tomorrow morning. Wishing you all the best of luck for your stage 2 tests whether they be tomorrow or over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Cheers for the info jim royle, and best of luck to you also!

Would you get away with showing the invitation on your phone or is a print out of it essential??

I would personally get the invite printed out. Go into an internet cafe and just print it out in there if you are stuck for printing options. Obviously dont forget to log out off your pj profile

Tardis wrote: »
    Would you get away with showing the invitation on your phone or is a print out of it essential??

I showed them the invite on the phone a few months back they didn't like it but they accepted it.

Jim Royle wrote: »
    I would personally get the invite printed out. Go into an internet cafe and just print it out in there if you are stuck for printing options. Obviously dont forget to log out off your pj profile

Used the office computer then signed out. Chrome incognito 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hanniffy1701

Anyone know how long will results take to come out

I would guess a week after the last day. It seems to be moving now.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lonfire1

How was stage 2 for some of you?

lonfire1 wrote: »
    How was stage 2 for some of you?

Everyone seemed to leave happy enough, myself included

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be giving anything away on here until it's done and dusted, I'd say I did enough to get an interview that's all I care about

Robbie154 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be giving anything away on here until it's done and dusted, I'd say I did enough to get an interview that's all I care about

Can't see anyone being brave enough to give anything away ha ha

Everyone tested so far will get an interview. Hard not to be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lonfire1

Everyone seemed to leave happy enough, myself included
    Thanks...I'm in tomorrow.... didn't get much study in, fingers crossed !

• Registered Users Posts: 38 gt4-wrc

When is the last day does anyone know?

Can't see anyone being brave enough to give anything away ha ha

Oh you would be surprised lol I would say they are finished on Friday morning

When I was there on Monday morning about 20 (including me) left when the option was given to carry the scores over, lots of happy people lol

When I was there on Monday morning about 20 (including me) left when the option was given to carry the scores over, lots of happy people lol[/quote]

About 8 left today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

How many were in the sessions? Did they take everyone up in groups from reception downstairs or just make your way upstairs yourselfs?

5500 wrote: »
    How many were in the sessions? Did they take everyone up in groups from reception downstairs or just make your way upstairs yourselfs?

40. They took us up as a group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Looks like the numbers may have been higher than anticipated, with a few sessions a day there's probably over 450 being tested not taking into account no shows, haven't heard any mentions of how many positions there actually are going to be either

Advertisement