Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DFB] Temporary Emergency Services Controller

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

I feel silly asking, but does anyone have a link to the info booklet that we got before applying ? I can't find the document anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

How many got into the panel in 2013

40 made the panel give or take, can't remember exact number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

I also made it through to the next stage, number is irrelevant at this stage but I was happy, well done to all that made it this far, we should get the application forms emailed to us in the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Do people through to the next round not just get a date for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Tardis wrote: »
    Do people through to the next round not just get a date for interview?

Should do. Thats what happened at for the Firefighter interviews.

• Advertisement

Should do. Thats what happened at for the Firefighter interviews.

But is it not done by email anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NASHSE1

Yay I made it through I'm absolutely delighted . I've jumped from the top 350 considerably and done quite well but didn't make the top 100 that there calling first. So pleased that I did quite well .

I'd imagine there will be people who might not make it through the interview or medicals(not that I'm wishing they didn't ) and if so they'll call the next batch of those to fill the current positions and those in the future .

Those who made it through the top 100 many many congratulations . Wish you all the best of success through the next stage at interview you'll do great my fingers are crossed for you all . Here's hoping I'll see you soon enough ha .

But is it not done by email anymore?

No, they send out multiple forms which you need to fill out and hand in before a certain date then they send out another set of forms with your interview date, your randomly assigned number and the names of the 3 interviewers on it. Assuming they do it the same way as the ff competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Anyone got an idea of when the interviews will be ? And if they are starting in a few weeks ( the middle of June) anyone know if they are accomodating if you have holidays booked ?

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Anyone got an idea of when the interviews will be ? And if they are starting in a few weeks ( the middle of June) anyone know if they are accomodating if you have holidays booked ?

No clue about the dates but it was clear from the ff interviews that if you couldn't make your date no accommodation would be made. It might be a bit different this time with a quarter of the number going to interview so it would be best to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭UniquePatch

What's the odds of them taking another 100 to interview

What's the odds of them taking another 100 to interview

The odds of them not filling the panel from the current 100 are very slim. I'm not sure how many spots are open but even if another 30 jobs opened up they would probably give them to the people from the original 100 who didn't get the initial jobs before starting another round of interviews. But that is just what I think would happen and I don't pretend to know the inner workings of PAS or the DFB management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

The odds of them not filling the panel from the current 100 are very slim. I'm not sure how many spots are open but even if another 30 jobs opened up they would probably give them to the people from the original 100 who didn't get the initial jobs before starting another round of interviews. But that is just what I think would happen and I don't pretend to know the inner workings of PAS or the DFB management.

I would agree with this. If you're not in the top 100, I'm certain that the competition is over for you. My condolences to anyone in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭UniquePatch

I think they called 40 more last time

Yeah i cant see them using anymore. The fact they are using only 100 for the next stage tells me there will only be a few jobs to start. And a pannel of a few more. My prediction will be about 8 to the first class then about 24 on the panel in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Can anybody that sat the interview for firefighter tell me what paperwork DCC request from you before the interview begins with the application form? Thanks

Dave087 wrote: »
    Can anybody that sat the interview for firefighter tell me what paperwork DCC request from you before the interview begins with the application form? Thanks

If they are the same forms, then it's original long form birth cert and original education certificate. You also needed multiple recent passport photos. I might have missed something but the forms are clear and you have a week or two to hand it in.

Dave087 wrote: »

I think it was just birth cert and leaving cert. I'll get the letter out when I go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

stringbox wrote: »
    I think it was just birth cert and leaving cert. I'll get the letter out when I go home.

Original Birth cert and Leaving Cert/Junior Cert results.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Thanks for the replies!

• Advertisement

I wonder if someone with a leaving cert would get preference over someone with a junior cert, or would it purely be based on the interview

I wonder if someone with a leaving cert would get preference over someone with a junior cert, or would it purely be based on the interview

It depends on the person. If one candidate has a leaving cert with all higher level A's and another has a junior cert but has been a retained ff with multiple years experience I know who I'd pick.

It depends on the person. If one candidate has a leaving cert with all higher level A's and another has a junior cert but has been a retained ff with multiple years experience I know who I'd pick.

Yeah you would certainly hope! Surely they'd take copies would they? Or do they expect you to post off originals?

Yeah you would certainly hope! Surely they'd take copies would they? Or do they expect you to post off originals?

You post the originals with the app form and they return them by registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Tardis wrote:

I only have junior cert and I made the panel. So based on that I think it depends on how well you interview.

Another email from our buddy Brian Teahan in the inbox lads

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Yeah just read it there.

All I wanna say is... I can go to the Euros !!

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Yeah just read it there.

All I wanna say is... I can go to the Euros !!

Crazy how long this is taking - the closing date for entry was December 3rd.

stringbox wrote: »
    Crazy how long this is taking - the closing date for entry was December 3rd.

They don't seem to be in any rush anyway.

• Advertisement

Did everyone get an email from Brian Teahan who is going for interview?

Advertisement