Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DFB] Temporary Emergency Services Controller

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Robbie154 wrote: »
    Last time no one was used over 28th

28 placed used out of 50? that low.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

I asked in the interview. How many places and was told 3 classes of 8 for deffo and not a certain number for how many will be on the panel. So 8 are going to start at the start of Sept for deffo to compensate the class of internal going out training in Jan

yeah bare in mind their will be a few people that got both panels and might drop out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

Yeah TJ, last time it was a class of 10,10 & 8

Is the first class confirmed for Sept, the class of recruits that are in there now are passing out on October 6th so the OBI will have more room then for the first class of ESC's to start, I would have thought

Yeah TJ, last time it was a class of 10,10 & 8

Is the first class confirmed for Sept, the class of recruits that are in there now are passing out on October 6th so the OBI will have more room then for the first class of ESC's to start, I would have thought

what class are passing out on October 8th? i thought there was only the first class from the open recruitment in there at the moment and were not due to finish until December??

• Advertisement

Yeah there is, my brother is in there on the first class of recruits, started (June 27th) and he says that they are just doing there FF training and passing out on October 6th. They'll go back at a later date to do Paramedic training

And when I visited ERCC lads in there told me there was 10 of them going into OBI in January to start FF training with second class of recruits

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TheTeainEMT

Last time no one was used over 28th

The whole panel was used. A fair few drop outs or those that failed CPAT. But numbers 1 to 50 did end up getting called. 37 or 38 ESCs trained in total

The whole panel was used. A fair few drop outs or those that failed CPAT. But numbers 1 to 50 did end up getting called. 37 or 38 ESCs trained in total

OK cool, I scrolled back through this thread from 3 years back and someone posted that all the 28 on the panel took their jobs

Yeah there is, my brother is in there on the first class of recruits, started (June 27th) and he says that they are just doing there FF training and passing out on October 6th. They'll go back at a later date to do Paramedic training
    And when I visited ERCC lads in there told me there was 10 of them going into OBI in January to start FF training with second class of recruits

ok, so the FF class finishes October 8th. which means the OBI is more or less empty from then until January? that seems a bit strange. i know it would be tough to have a class break for christmas so i suppose thats the reason. Im hoping the FF second class gets called in January and im in it. Interesting times ahead lads....

• Advertisement

ok, so the FF class finishes October 8th. which means the OBI is more or less empty from then until January? that seems a bit strange. i know it would be tough to have a class break for christmas so i suppose thats the reason. Im hoping the FF second class gets called in January and im in it. Interesting times ahead lads....

No it won't be empty, I'd say the first class of ESC's will start then, their 10 week course will bring them nicely up to Christmas

No it won't be empty, I'd say the first class of ESC's will start then, their 10 week course will bring them nicely up to Christmas

10 weeks, its mad when you think about it a retained firefighter does 2 weeks and is operational all be it without the RTC & BA course done

OBI will have the ESC in there in Sept for 10 weeks to relieve the lads going FF training in Jan.

Lads whats the story on eyesight ? Do we need 20 20 vision ? I wear glasses but its only a light subscription.. something like 1.25/1.50.. Im not lampy but I cant read the bottom line of the eye test

Jim Royle wrote: »
    OBI will have the ESC in there in Sept for 10 weeks to relieve the lads going FF training in Jan.

Lads whats the story on eyesight ? Do we need 20 20 vision ? I wear glasses but its only a light subscription.. something like 1.25/1.50.. Im not lampy but I cant read the bottom line of the eye test

if you read the original paperwork for the role its written there. did you save a copy? i know this was covered to death on the other thread maybe read back on there

What did yis say for the proudest achievement question

Mine was, family, completing apprenticeship and some charity fundraising I have done

Wedding day as it was a fairly recent affair.

Wedding day as it was a fairly recent affair.

My condolences lolol

You'd be surprised with people saying that they saved 6 babies from a burning crèche or some waffle like that, and it's seen straight through as waffle

ah sure if it wasent going to be me it would have been some other poor ejit!! I took one for the team!!

I said running the Dublin marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

I didn't get the greatest achievement question, I did however get the Next 5 years question, the standard stressful situation question and and another question similar to the stress one but I can't remember how it was worded. Also got the other standard questions about the brigade and ERCC.

Luckily, people seem to injure themselves when I'm around (coincidentally !) so I have plenty of stories for the empathy and sympathy questions :P

• Advertisement

Anyone say for the next 5 years that they see themselves in the DFB as a FF after doing their time in the ERCC

I had to give 2 scenarios, if I did get it and of I didn't get it lol

For the did part, that's exactly what I said

Yeah I had to give 2 scenarios if I got it and didnt get it...

Said I would have my C licence too for when I went to be a FF

If I didnt get it I was still working in construction with after applying for Dub Apprt FB And still trying to get into the DFB

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Yeah I had to give 2 scenarios if I got it and didnt get it...

Said I would have my C licence too for when I went to be a FF

If I didnt get it I was still working in construction with after applying for Dub Apprt FB And still trying to get into the DFB

Yeah same stuff really, really hope them letters are out by Friday, they only have 78 to send ffs :-)

Yeah same stuff really, really hope them letters are out by Friday, they only have 78 to send ffs :-)

they told me it would be early next week. manage your expectations on the day they arrive.

I know I will be out and off to work before the Postie gets here... when I see you lads start posting on here I wont be able to contain myself and will need to know straight away... dreading/looking forward to Dday (D is for delivery ! ) next week

my guess will be dispatch monday arrive tuesday and wednesday next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

I did say i was on the FF panel. I applied for both at the same time. I asked DCC what i should do. they told me that i should complete the interview process. there words were "You are not in until you have the contract signed, so take nothing for granted its an open competition" so i followed through to the end.

Didn't you say you never got the letter from DCC inviting you for interview?

Get with the programme Harry lol scroll back a few pages ;-)

• Advertisement

Page 70 or 71 *cough cough* ;-)

Advertisement