Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DFB] Temporary Emergency Services Controller

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

Was talking to HR in DCC at around 3ish yesterday Jim and was told letters were going out in last post so my post is due in the next hour or so will let you know if I got mine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

I just rang HR letters issued yesterday morning, they will arrive today. Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Just check the post and there was a letter for my wife none for me. Not sure if that was delivered yesterday or if the postman is has not been today yet. who knows.

Anyway my prediction is i might scrape on to the panel. Just didnt have as much passion for the role as the Fire Fighter and didnt put as much of an effort or dedication in to the study knowing im on the other panel and due in the next class.

My postman is normally here by now too. Surely if HR were correct in what they said to me someone must have their letters by now!! Going to be a painful weekend by the looks of it.

My postman is normally here by now too. Surely if HR were correct in what they said to me someone must have their letters by now!! Going to be a painful weekend by the looks of it.

Yeah strange nobody has got theirs yet

• Advertisement

I reckon there was a delay in the post leaving their building yesterday and it will be Monday argh!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

My post has also come with no sign of the letter. Maybe they used a courier ??.....wishful thinking ? 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

Monday, Bloody Monday

Woooooooohoooooooo I done it finally
    In the top ten we are starting in October date to de confirmed best of luck to the rest of you yes yes yes I can't believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

reddington wrote: »
    In the top ten we are starting in October date to de confirmed best of luck to the rest of you yes yes yes I can't believe it

Fantastic well done

• Advertisement

Waffling pa..pa...parrick

reddington wrote: »

Congratulations fella, I's say your bouncing off the walls with joy. Enjoy every moment knowing you did all the hard work and it paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

Robbie154 wrote: »

What gives you that idea Robbie?

Robbie I don't know what the story is but hand on my hart that's not waffle I AM IN woooooohooooo and I sincerely wish you the best pal .

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Delighted for you Reddington... congratulations !!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭NeuronalJoe

Did you receive it by regular post or special delivery ?

JUST TOLD YOU CAN RING BRIAN TEAHAN AFTER LUNCH FOR RESULTS. 2222364 IS HIS NUMBER.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 navaradave

Robbie154 wrote: »

What's with the negativity Robbie154????

Ah I was convinced yer man was trolling, fair play if you got it pal

Mid teens ... second class ... fooking delighted.

Best of luck to everyone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Mid teens ... second class ... fooking delighted.

Best of luck to everyone else

@ Jim Royle, Did you ring them or get a letter?

Dave087 wrote: »
    @ Jim Royle, Did you ring them or get a letter?

Rang the hotline that Harry left

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Rang the hotline that Harry left

Cheers jim, and congratulations great result!

Dave087 wrote: »
    Cheers jim, and congratulations great result!

Cheers Dave. Best of luck

I failed! 4 interviews for the fire service now I have failed and I have family in it. I'm not meant to be a fireman. Well done to those who got it. What was the panel size?

I made it.... Top 10 BOOOOOM

Rang the Brian Teahan hotline, had it on effin speeddial since 2pm

Over the moon after not getting the DFB recently.

Hard luck Harry I know exactly how your feeling.

Reddington, apologies, really thought you were trolling,

All the rest Jim Royle, well done folks

AAAAAAAAAHHHH

Guess I'm just **** at interviews. It's ironic I have passed every interview in my life except the ones for fire service!!!? What is the panel size anyone?

Rang myslef. and No joy!! not overly surprised. I really didnt put the work or effort in to this interview that i put in to the Firefighter Role knowing i was on the Firefighter Panel. and it obviously showed. The very best of luck to the lads that made it. hopefully see you all soon in the OBI (Or wreckin my head with the calls when im on the Ambulance :P )

To the lads that didnt get it. I know you feel your word is over but its not. Destress over the weekend and get back to the drawing board and see where you can improve. improve in the areas needed and knock it out of the park next time. one of the traits of being in the emergency services is resilience, the ability to bounce back from a situation. You are now living future material for interview questions. "Can you give us an example of a time when you hat to take feedback or criticism?" or "Can you tell me how you prepared for today" those and more questions can be answered by what you do from now on.

Best of Luck to all!

Rang myslef. and No joy!! not overly surprised. I really didnt put the work or effort in to this interview that i put in to the Firefighter Role knowing i was on the Firefighter Panel. and it obviously showed. The very best of luck to the lads that made it. hopefully see you all soon in the OBI (Or wreckin my head with the calls when im on the Ambulance :P )

To the lads that didnt get it. I know you feel your word is over but its not. Destress over the weekend and get back to the drawing board and see where you can improve. improve in the areas needed and knock it out of the park next time. one of the traits of being in the emergency services is resilience, the ability to bounce back from a situation. You are now living future material for interview questions. "Can you give us an example of a time when you hat to take feedback or criticism?" or "Can you tell me how you prepared for today" those and more questions can be answered by what you do from now on.

Best of Luck to all!

To be honest I think even if you did a brilliant interview I think they would have struggled to pass anyone who was already on firefighter panel. If you passed that one you should have easily met the criteria for this one whether you studied or not. I personally think competency interviews are utter ****e, you can spout out a very applicable example and score high and your through!!!! Is that all that is required to be a fireman?! What about life experience, cv, attitude, your persona, your appearance, your age, your manner etc. It almost feels like all of that is put aside and they simply score you on what you say!!! A Third Officer had his son and daughter do the interview too and guess what they are on the panel. While some of it is merit based a lot of it remains nods and winks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Unsuccessful.

I'm gutted, I busted my balls for this.

Congrats to all who got it.

Advertisement