Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DFB] Temporary Emergency Services Controller

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

I made it... Got the second class!! I'm delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

stringbox wrote: »
    Unsuccessful.

I'm gutted, I busted my balls for this.

Congrats to all who got it.

Gutted for you pal

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

Well done Jim and Dave hard luck Harry and string I have being where you are now for many many years if you really want it heads down and keep knocking on that door .

Robbie looks like we will be in the first class together look forward to meeting you pal .

Dave087 wrote: »
    I made it... Got the second class!! I'm delighted!

Fair play pal

reddington wrote: »
    Well done Jim and Dave hard luck Harry and string I have being where you are now for many many years if you really want it heads down and keep knocking on that door .

Robbie looks like we will be in the first class together look forward to meeting you pal .

Did you actually get a letter or did you ring? Does the letter say anything about start dates etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Skarey

No joy for me! Gutted... AGAIN but that's just the way the cookie crumbles!

Congrats to all of you that made it and best of luck in your future careers.

Robbie154 wrote: »
    Fair play pal

Thanks Robbie

They told me yesterday that the letters were going out and if I did not receive it to call them and they would tell over the phone so that's what I did . I was told they are looking at early October but it's not decided however the top ten are being called foward and we will receive an email shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Harry, Stringbox and everyone else who didnt get, I feel your pain. I know its for me to say but do what you have to do to process it, put it to bed in your head, keep your chin up and keep on motoring.

Dave especially, see ya soon please God in the OBI and to all the other lads who made it, a big congratulations to you's.

I think Harry asked the question of the size of the panel. I dont know the answer to that one. But my board told me there was going to be 3 classes ( of 8 ) going in, and it was up to the main number crunchers in DCC and DFB to see how many were going on the panel.

For the lads that didn't get it, another competition has started for the HSE call taker role

Get applying and get it on the CV, great to have the experience the next time DFB recruits

http://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/Jobs/Job_Search/Patient_and_Client_Care/NRS04104.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Flipflop2013

Lads, how do you know what class you are in? Does it go by numbers or does it say on the letter. I was successful but not given a class.

Lads just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many are going in for the first class ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 N1ceWan

Got the letter today, looking like the second class for me. Delighted :)
    Nothing about Panel size / start dates on it. Just a Congratz & panel number.

FlipFlop I was told in my interview that it was 3 classes of 8 ...

I am placed very mid teens... low enough to make it in to the second class if it is classes of 8 !!

Myself and Dave are in the 2nd class for deffo !! Looks like nice1wan is going to be in the 2nd class too !!!

I was told while in the ERCC that 10 ESC's that are currently in ERCC are starting their Firefighter training in the OBI in January so the first class will be the top 10 from the panel, then I would presume it's the next 10 and then 8 for the final class.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Choppy1916

Lads, say they take the top 8/10 now for training in October . When would next class of 8/10 be trained up? Is it after the first class have 3 years done . Is that the way it works?

I'd be very surprised if they didn't take at least 25-30 lads.. Does anybody know how big the panel is this time?

Choppy1916 wrote: »
    Lads, say they take the top 8/10 now for training in October . When would next class of 8/10 be trained up? Is it after the first class have 3 years done . Is that the way it works?

Choppy the first class is roughly mid October with the second class prob Feb next year !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Dave087 wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if they didn't take at least 25-30 lads.. Does anybody know how big the panel is this time?

Panel is 32

They are 100% taking the top 10 in October.

Start date Monday 10th October.

Not sure about the next class of ESC but next 40 from Firefighter panel will be starting on February 6th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

No luck for me. Absolutely gutted. Dream job bubble burst. Maybe it'll be 5th time a charm in a few years time

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Choppy1916

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Choppy the first class is roughly mid October with the second class prob Feb next year !!

Great, I didn't think they'd have the second class so soon.

I thought that the first class were to replace the 10 esc's doing firefighter training in January.

Then I imagined each subsequent class would be to replace the next 10 esc's going firefighter training.....

Robbie who gave you 10th of October, when I was talking to Brian on Friday he said it still was not decided, now he did seem to think we we're starting early October alright

Robbie can FF and ESC's train in the OBI at the same time ? Or will the 2nd class of ESC's go in after the FF are finished training ??

Robbie I just got an email , assuming you got the same one yea?

Lads what the fook is normal vision ?!?! Is it 20/20 vision ?? I wear glasses the last line of the eyechart is blurry for me when I am doing the test ...
    Do I need to get my eyes lasered before I go in to the control room or just before I go for FF role ?

I got the email Reddington yeah, it's go to be October 10th because....... If you start then your 10th and final week of training will be starting on December 19th and you would finish your training on Friday December 23rd. There's no way that the OBI or instructors are working over Christmas, I would say that we'll get a week or 2 off and then into the ERCC early January.

Lads what the fook is normal vision ?!?! Is it 20/20 vision ?? I wear glasses the last line of the eyechart is blurry for me when I am doing the test ...
    Do I need to get my eyes lasered before I go in to the control room or just before I go for FF role ?

Go to Specsavers and get a free eye test and they will give you your exact score of vision, only then you'll know if you need laser or not

They also do free hearing tests where you sit in the booth and press the button when you hear a beep, the exact same as in the medical we'll do. Just in case anyone is worried about that side of things

Robbie can FF and ESC's train in the OBI at the same time ? Or will the 2nd class of ESC's go in after the FF are finished training ??

I have no idea, unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Robbie154 wrote: »
    next 40 from Firefighter panel will be starting on February 6th

Thats a Bold statement. Care to share how you came to that date?

Advertisement