Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DFB] Temporary Emergency Services Controller

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

Thats a Bold statement. Care to share how you came to that date?

I was told TJ, but I would call DCC and ask them to confirm for your own peace of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

Ok Robbie cheers for that , makes sense Christmas off that would be sweet, last one for a while I would say .

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Robbie154 wrote: »
    I was told TJ, but I would call DCC and ask them to confirm for your own peace of mind

Can i ask by who? DCC person or DFB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Robbie154

Can i ask by who? DCC person or DFB?

DFB

Robbie154 wrote: »
    DFB

Interesting. I'm not doubting you. just everyone has a friend who knows. all going well I will be in class 2. hence my interest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Yes escs and firefighters can train at the same time.

Christmas off after training....don't count your chickens.

February 6th is over 6 months away, I wouldnt be so presumptuous that it is penned in for that date. However I do reckon it will be early in the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Looks like there will be a boards meet up in the second class... Me, Dave, N1cewan TJHooker and chungwun .. flipflop are you looking like you will be there too ??

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Looks like there will be a boards meet up in the second class... Me, Dave, N1cewan TJHooker and chungwun .. flipflop are you looking like you will be there too ??

Not me pal, kicking and screaming is the only way you'll see me in the room ;-) happy were I am

Chungwun wrote: »
    Not me pal, kicking and screaming is the only way you'll see me in the room ;-) happy were I am

Sorry thought you were on the list. You in DFB already ?

Sorry thought you were on the list. You in DFB already ?

Yeah

Contributed some what on the general recruitment thread. Relatively new to this one but anything of relevant information I can provide I try to.

• Advertisement

Sound Chungwun.

Well hopefully I will get to meet you some day or even talk to you over the radio.

Sound Chungwun.

Well hopefully I will get to meet you some day or even talk to you over the radio.

Depending on the time of the night it may be more of a grunt than a chat over the radio ;-)

you got to count me out on that one too im afraid. It appears im not for the ESC role. However it appears i have been approved for the Firefighter role so we shall see where that bunny hole ends :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Flipflop2013

Not too sure Jim. What number do you think they will get too for class 2? Will there even be a class 3 does anyone know?

Well if they are taking 10 for 1st class. They are at least going to take 8 if not 10 to class 2 ( I Would imagine !! ) But I could be wrong.. I am only guessing !! I would say there will be a 3rd class. How many going into that class only time will tell !!!

TJ best of luck in your FF training

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Choppy1916

All we need to do now is pass medical so we can do the physical test. Email this morning with YouTube videos. Looks easy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭JDigweed

Choppy1916 wrote: »
    All we need to do now is pass medical so we can do the physical test. Email this morning with YouTube videos. Looks easy enough.

Can you post the link to those videos? They're the CPAT one's I presume.

JDigweed wrote: »

The ones that come from dcc are not for public viewing AFAIK. Plenty of very similar ones on YouTube if you search

Ye I can't upload the links on this as I'm a new user.

Claustrophobia Test ( crawl in dark confined space)

Equipment Carry Test

Ladder Climb Test

Ladder Extension Test

Manual Dexterity test ( nuts & bolts assembly)

Rescue Sim test ( casualty drag )

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

Hi Choppy. Where you inside or outside the top 10 pal??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭JDigweed

The ones that come from dcc are not for public viewing AFAIK. Plenty of very similar ones on YouTube if you search

Sound.
    For some reason I'm imagining that the nut's and bolts would be the curveball in that list....especially if it's timed and the nerves kick in.

lostox wrote: »

Ye top 10 . What about yourself?

Sound.
    For some reason I'm imagining that the nut's and bolts would be the curveball in that list....especially if it's timed and the nerves kick in.

You literally disassemble the nuts and bolts on one panel and you reassemble them on another. It's 4mins you have .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

Choppy1916 wrote: »
    lostox wrote: »

Ye top 10 . What about yourself?
    Just Outside it!

If someone in the top 10 and they fail the physical or medical will they call No 11 and so on so they have 10 people going in for training in October

If someone in the top 10 and they fail the physical or medical will they call No 11 and so on so they have 10 people going in for training in October

yes BUT only if there is enough time to vet the next person and for them to give notice in there current roll. if you dont get a call 30 days before the class begins. its not going to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

Hi folks, just wondered what (if any) training people are doing in preparation for the CPAT?

david-d wrote: »
    Hi folks, just wondered what (if any) training people are doing in preparation for the CPAT?

Forget about the things that you'll actually be carrying during it. You could sub them for anything with a bit of weight.

I'd be just practicing straight 50m or 25m sprints back and forth in a field. Maybe if you could get your hands on some sandbags or something along those lines to use it would help when it comes to it.

Just remember, the lads that are there doing the test will do their best to help you not catch you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

Forget about the things that you'll actually be carrying during it. You could sub them for anything with a bit of weight.

I'd be just practicing straight 50m or 25m sprints back and forth in a field. Maybe if you could get your hands on some sandbags or something along those lines to use it would help when it comes to it.

Just remember, the lads that are there doing the test will do their best to help you not catch you out.

Thanks chungwun I was thinking water cooler bottles, are you encouraged or instructed to run during the test? I've seen some of the American vids online that say you must walk, but can't see any DFB vids

• Advertisement

david-d wrote: »
    Thanks chungwun I was thinking water cooler bottles, are you encouraged or instructed to run during the test? I've seen some of the American vids online that say you must walk, but can't see any DFB vids

I'd encourage you to make sure you complete it within the allotted time. So practice and judge for yourself what pace you will need to go at

Advertisement