Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less Than Jake/Reel Big Fish/Zebrahead - Academy 30th Jan

Options
  • 04-07-2013 2:24pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We here at Lockdown are very excited to announce that Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish (official) & Zebrahead are coming to Dublin to play The Academy on 30th January 2014 thanks to those good lads over at MCD! Tickets go on sale next Wednesday, 10th July priced €27.00 from Ticketmaster.ie! Over 18s I.D. Required. GET EXCITED!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Why no Streetlight Manifesto... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Would only be a casual fan at best of either band, it'd probably be a really fun show though. Not too sure on ticket prices...
    MattD wrote: »
    Why no Streetlight Manifesto... :(

Because they're broken up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Tbf, I hadn't realized they cancelled all their European shows... They had some festival appearances in England booked a couple of weeks ago, in addition to their ongoing US tour now, well after they announced their breaking up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Because they're broken up...

saw them a month ago at Slam dunk in london, they are on their farewell tour and skipped ireland.

I made a promise that if i see RBF 10 times, I'm getting their logo tattoo on my ass, this will be no 10, also they were the first band i ever shot, highly exciting stuff. Zebrahead are unreal for getting a crowd going, Less than Jake I havent seen too many times, the worst of the 3 but still one of the top gigs of the year. Good job lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

This is definitely going to be one of the best gigs of the year. I've seen all the bands a good few times. Each one of them are experts at getting crowds moving and I've always had fun at their gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Great line up to dance off the winter blues. Hopefully won't sell out too quick as I'm broke with all the summer gigs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Dermo wrote: »
    This is definitely going to be one of the best gigs of the year. I've seen all the bands a good few times. Each one of them are experts at getting crowds moving and I've always had fun at their gigs.

reel big fish have gone to the dogs tbh, scott is gone and the band have lost the spark over last few years, saw them with suburban legends there last christmas, and everyone walked away feeling it was a poor poor show by them, and tbh i have felt the same last few years. Zebrahead are brilliant tho... Ali is showing his age a tad

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

This is gas. I only asked Vinnie last week about the possibility of them adding an Irish date but he didn't seem to think that it would be happening.

Show #28 for me :)

Don't particularly like Reel Big Fish but Zebrahead are unreal. This is going to be amazing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

this should be some fcukin craic!!!!

• Advertisement

have my tickets for Belfast and Dublin now, along with Cardiff, Brighton and one of the London dates. Slowly getting there :D

my first tattoo will be post this gig, 10 times seeing rbf and i swore if it hit 10 I'd get a RBF tattoo

my first tattoo will be post this gig, 10 times seeing rbf and i swore if it hit 10 I'd get a RBF tattoo

That's cool! Do you know what you're getting?

I really wanted to get the guy from the Hello Rockview cover on my leg to link up with the other LTJ tattoo on my shin. But now that they've announced all these UK shows, I think I'll have to wait a bit longer :P

a tat based on the lyrics from i'm cool "im just a lil tiny fish, thats all i'll ever be"

with a disney princess/ PinUp style version of human ponyo playing a trumpet, about as obscure as you can get

Nice to have something unique though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Got tickets for myself and three friends. I've been blaring RBF all weekend, particularly their covers of 80s pop songs, goes so well with sunny weather! This is one hell of a line-up, should be a great night. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Frankenstein!

Less Than Jake? YESSS. Still kicking myself for missing their last gig here.

Woo hoo!! They're not here that often so grab your chance now! :D

Tickets still avail, got myself Dublin/ Belfast tickets today

I reckon it hasn't sold well at all - lots of advertising and stage times released already =/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

I reckon it hasn't sold well at all - lots of advertising and stage times released already =/

Very few at RBF when they played Dublin before - mind you that was over 10 years ago I guess!

yknaa wrote: »
    Very few at RBF when they played Dublin before - mind you that was over 10 years ago I guess!

jasus it wasnt 10 years ago was it... the night in village where all the underage couldnt get in? They not play after that?

jasus it wasnt 10 years ago was it... the night in village where all the underage couldnt get in? They not play after that?

119277938_b116da796d_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Hardly possible to get tickets at the door is it?

Hardly possible to get tickets at the door is it?

if its not sold out,i cant see why not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I'd say you'll get tickets at the door.

Really looking forward to this. Less Than Jake always have such fun gigs. Not seen RBF live before so that should be good too.

Just a heads up, everyone - my tickets say doors 7:30 but acc to MCD and The Academy, the doors are actually at 7 and Zebrahead are on at 7:15. Of course, Zebrahead themselves are making further confusion by saying they're on at 7... Bottom line - get there early!!!

This show was actually almost sold out, same with Belfast. Such an amazing tour, so sad it's all over :(

I filmed a lot of stuff though and made a video of all the shows I went to, just to be able to look back on everything that happened :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSuCEAFrSlk

• Advertisement

^^ Yeah, I was totally wrong about that! I thought it would be near-empty because they were advertising like crazy and giving away free tickets the week before (which usually means it hasn't sold well), but it was PACKED!

Brilliant night. LTJ and RBF were switching slots every night - really glad we got a night with RBF finishing (all were good but they were the best band of the night for me, perfect ending). :D

Advertisement