Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less Than Jake/Reel Big Fish/Zebrahead - Academy 30th Jan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I didn't think Reel Big Fish were all that great. Loved Less than Jake and Zebrahead though

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

It's a shame but the drummer from Reel Big Fish, Ryland, did an acoustic slot at all of the shows on the UK leg but didn't do it at either of the Irish shows...schedule was too tight apparently. I was a bit iffy about it initially but by the second week of the tour I thought it was great. He has an absolutely amazing voice and he was selling CDs at each gig. Check it out, it's a solo project called This Magnificant.
    I didn't think Reel Big Fish were all that great. Loved Less than Jake and Zebrahead though

Reel Big Fish said and did pretty much the same thing at every show :P
    But to be fair to them they did vary up their setlist most nights.

Still, Less Than Jake are the superior live act in my opinion...bias aside :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

It's a shame but the drummer from Reel Big Fish, Ryland, did an acoustic slot at all of the shows on the UK leg but didn't do it at either of the Irish shows...schedule was too tight apparently. I was a bit iffy about it initially but by the second week of the tour I thought it was great. He has an absolutely amazing voice and he was selling CDs at each gig. Check it out, it's a solo project called This Magnificant.

Reel Big Fish said and did pretty much the same thing at every show :P
    But to be fair to them they did vary up their setlist most nights.

Still, Less Than Jake are the superior live act in my opinion...bias aside :cool:

i was at belfast and dub gig, rbf stole the show in belfast, ltj at dublin gig, sound is awful in the limelight... truely awful

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

rbf stole the show in belfast

Really?? I thought LTJ were a lot more energetic and the crowd seemed to go crazier for them...although probably beacuse they were the headlining act that night. In Dublin I moved away from the front after LTJ went off and could see people going absolutely mental for RBF.

Couldn't agree more about the sound in the Limelight, was the only show I forgot my ear plugs for and I had a terrible ringing in my ears for days afterwards. But I was right beside the speaker so partly my own fault :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Really?? I thought LTJ were a lot more energetic and the crowd seemed to go crazier for them...although probably beacuse they were the headlining act that night. In Dublin I moved away from the front after LTJ went off and could see people going absolutely mental for RBF.

Couldn't agree more about the sound in the Limelight, was the only show I forgot my ear plugs for and I had a terrible ringing in my ears for days afterwards. But I was right beside the speaker so partly my own fault :(

The Belfast crowd were all LTJ fans I felt, and Dublin was more a RBF crowd

• Advertisement
Advertisement