Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

account closer

Options
  • 04-07-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

I was down in my local branch today closing my personnel and business account as they have never been used. The reason they where never used was because when setting them up I was astounded by the extremely poor service provided by the business adviser namely. It took her over 1 month to send me out my account no and never bothered to reply to a number of emails sent to her. 

After this I decided to stick with my original bank, AIB. Unfortunately for me I set up a savings account when I opened my personnel acc with you and because as mentioned the acc was never used the savings wasnt coming out and to my amazement you where charging me €12.50 everytime. It cost me nearly 60 euro to close my accounts today because of this. An absolute scam you are running here, I was never advised of a penalty when money wasnt there for my savings account. 

Is there anyway of getting a refund for this as I feel this is an absolute outrage. The only reason I payed today was to avoid further penaltys for not using your service

Regards

Jason

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Jason,

Thanks for posting.

We're sorry to hear that you have closed your accounts and are unhappy with the level of service you received.

When opening your Current Account, you would have been provided with terms and conditions and a schedule of fees and charges brochure. This brochure outlines the relevant fees for unpaid items on the account. If a Direct Debit is returned unpaid on three consecutive occasions, it is automatically cancelled and a letter would be sent to the address on the account. We would suggest contacting the account holding branch who can look into this for you. As a rule, unpaid fees would not be refunded however this would be at the discretion of the branch and the circumstances that the fees were applied.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Hi Billy,

Thanks for the quick reply. You say that after 3 consecutive failed attempts to get a direct debit it is cancelled. So surely it should have cost me 37.50 and not closer to 60 to close the account. I think the exact amount was 54.34 or something similar.

Regards
    Jason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Jason,

There may be other charges apart from the unpaid direct debits items.
    The branch can give you a full break-down of this and any other fees or charges involved.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement