Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extend my wifi - Repeater or Booster?

Options
  • 04-07-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of getting Sky Fibre Unlimited in a new apartment but I know that the wifi signal will struggle to get from one end to the other as it's a big apartment with thick walls. From the router to the far room is 19 meters (or 61 feet) in a straight line through 3 solid brick walls.

So i'm looking at options on amazon and am genuinly confused....

can someone tell me what the differences are between these products, and which is better?

"Extender"
    TP-Link TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal Wall Plug Range Extender

"repeater/Booster"
    Huawei WS320 wifi Booster

these words like "repeater", "booster", "Extender" are throwing me off... so they all work unto the same principle?

Any recommendations as to which to go for? Requirments are heavy downloading, skype, online gaming, and a three Signal-box (to give our mobile phones coverage).

Advertisement