Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into a house with a cancelled Eircom account

Options
  • 04-07-2013 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have moved into a house that was an Eircom customer but when they left they cancelled the account. So the line is disabled.
    Is is possible to get the line re-activated without becoming an eircom customer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I have moved into a house that was an Eircom customer but when they left they cancelled the account. So the line is disabled.
    Is is possible to get the line re-activated without becoming an eircom customer?

Hi
    Johnnio13

Any new account which connected / set up with eircom would have a 12 contract. Which is why other companies have the facility to set up a new account with them.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Thanks Mark,

Further to this I rang yesterday looking for my UAN.I was told they can't give it over the phone??? and I was told it was posted on Friday. I haven't received it and I can't get broadband set up without it. Is there any other way I can get this as I am losing a lot of work because of this? (I was told yesterday to wait for the letter....)

Thanks,
    Johnnio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Thanks Mark,

Further to this I rang yesterday looking for my UAN.I was told they can't give it over the phone??? and I was told it was posted on Friday. I haven't received it and I can't get broadband set up without it. Is there any other way I can get this as I am losing a lot of work because of this? (I was told yesterday to wait for the letter....)

Thanks,
    Johnnio
    Hi Johnnio13

There is no other way and a UAN is required. I'm unable to comment on any process or proceedure another provider may have in releasing UANs but it might be worth requesting that they email it to you instead of post it?

Thanks

Al

Advertisement