Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ucd law

Options
  • 04-07-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Have this course first down on the cao just wondering if anyone else has an interest in it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TALKER92

What are the lecture hours ..is there much work to do and can you blow out lectures ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

12 hours a week.

Is there much to do? Students vary. Some people say do an hour reading for every hour of lectures. As an undergrad I read whenever I had spare time because I liked the material.

I have no idea what blowing out means. I suppose it must mean skipping class. Everyone ought to know that people do not keep tabs on you in college like at school, except for attendance at tutorial. If you don't plan on attending lectures, try to find a course where you don't want to miss any lectures. Or alternatively, any other pursuit where you won't be wasting your own time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Some lecturers will assign loads of reading, others not as much. Read what you can but you'll never need to read every single case and article assigned. That being said, it's not the best idea to try to wing it on your lecture notes alone either.

The hours are short; 12 hours a week as the poster above me said. It's such a light timetable that there really isn't any excuse to 'blow out' lectures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Where would the best accomadation be to stay? Like which would be the nearest to where the lectures are held?<

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

All of the on-campus accommodation (Belgrove, Merville, Glenomena, Roebuck Halls, Roebuck Castle) is very close to the Law building, so it won't make a difference. If you really wanted to though, Belgrove and Merville would probably be the very closest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Gitiana

I feel bad about this, but i didnt do alot of research into this course as it wasnt my first preference. Now, after my results, there's a good chance i'll get this and i was just wondering if there is mandatory mooting/mock trials in this course (any DN600 combination) or are they optional? If they are mandatory, does this mean they're graded?

Advertisement