Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera Malfunction

Options
  • 04-07-2013 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I am aware that this may sound innocent enough but sharing just in case.

I have had a digital camera for a good few years. Basic enough electronics wise, expensive at the time, good quality battery operated.

We were out all day yesterday taking about 60 photos in all.

However, when we were in a graveyard, at the grave of a distant relative, (direct connection by marriage goes back 100 years) trying to take a picture of the family headstone, the camera just would not work.

It would turn on, focus in but then the screen just kept on going blank and none of the functions would work. I took the batteries out and replaced them a few times. After about the 5th time I was able to take a picture of the headstone.

The camera has never malfunctioned in this way. And it worked perfectly for the rest of the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

i wouldnt read too much into it too be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Curious that it stopped working at the specific headstone of a deceased relative, has it stopped working afterwards?
    Any other problems with it? Was there condensation on the camera, was being stowed beside a water bottle or does it have it's own case? Was it raining?

Pretty dumb questions, i know.. but they help in ruling out the ordinary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Curious that it stopped working at the specific headstone of a deceased relative, has it stopped working afterwards?
    Any other problems with it? Was there condensation on the camera, was being stowed beside a water bottle or does it have it's own case? Was it raining?

Pretty dumb questions, i know.. but they help in ruling out the ordinary.

@ degrassinoel. Totally "not" dumb questions and thank you for thinking about my post.

It wasn't raining. I have never had problems with it. It worked perfecty normal after we left the graveyard. BTW the graveyard was an open field with no trees etc.

It's like one of those cameras you can drop from a helicopter and it still works.

I have an open mind about these things. but this was strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

oceanman wrote: »
    i wouldnt read too much into it too be honest.

That's a fair point Oceanman. I wanted to share just in case similar things have happened but have gone un reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

Did you have the camera set to "P" (paranormal priority mode)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Ive had such things happen before. In one instance, two of us simultaneously had issues with multiple sets of batteries - brand new ones too. an audio recorder and video camera went through two sets of batteries each in less than a minute, but then worked fine with fresh batteries after we moved to a different location. Theres nothing to say such stuff is paranormal, but its interesting none the less if you ask me.

Advertisement