Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting back at the gym.....AGAIN!!

Options
  • 04-07-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

So I started back at the gym yesterday, first time in a long time!! I don't know why I stopped going, I was just starting to make progress and actually enjoy it!
    But that's all in the past now, its time to start again. I'm just going to keep this log for myself more than anything, as hopefully seeing things written down will help keep me on track, but all advice, helpful tips and constructive criticism is very welcome also!!

I'm 22 y/o male, 5'11" and 90kg, so a bit of work to be done. The stomach area especially has an ever growing layer of protection that really isn't that welcome, and I'd like to generally just get into some bit of shape!

I'm going to post what I eat and what I do in the gym on a daily basis!

Day 1 (03/07/13)
    Breakfast 9am...before the gym
    • 2 eggs scrambled
    • 1 slice wholewheat toast

Lunch 1pm
    Turkey Stir-fry with
    • Turkey breast steak
    • spinach
    • sugar snap peas
    • broccoli
    • small portion of noodles

Dinner 6.30pm
    I knew I'd be busy in the evening so made enough at lunch to do me. Basically same as above!

Snacks
    1 diet yogurt
    handfull blueberries

Gym 10am
    • 15min cycle
    • 15min cross trainer
    • 10min row
    • flat dumbell bench press-10kg
    • incline bumbell bench press-10kg
    • flat dumbell flyes-8kg
    • squats 25kg
    • leg extension machine
    • leg curl machine
    All weight exercises in sets of 12,10,8!

Had a protein shake about 30 minutes after the workout.

That's about it for day one. I'm feeling good after it, which hopefully will give me the encouragement to keep going long term!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭eirekielthy

You should should take a preworkout with creatine in it and a thermo fat burner that will give you a boost getting back into the swing of things

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

What protein are you taking? And how often??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

You should should take a preworkout with creatine in it and a thermo fat burner that will give you a boost getting back into the swing of things

I take Craze as a pre-workout! I'm very happy with it, it definitely help me keep focus in the gym!
    ColmH81 wrote: »
    What protein are you taking? And how often??

I usually have 2/3 eggs for breakfast, chicken breast, beef, turkey with veg for lunch and again chicken breast, turkey or steak for dinner.
    I have a protien shake as well after the gym. Its Precision Engineered Whey Protien.

Gym 14/07/13
    • 30 minute run
    • Squats 3x20
    • Dumbell Flyes 3x12,10,8
      • Dumbell Bench Press 3x12,10,8
      • Incline Dumbell Bench Press 3x12,10,8
      • Dumbell Rows 3x12,10,8
      • Overhead Cable Tricep Extension 3x12,10,8

Started at 90kg, down to 87.5kg now! Very happy so far!

alan1990 wrote: »
    I take Craze as a pre-workout! I'm very happy with it, it definitely help me keep focus in the gym!

I usually have 2/3 eggs for breakfast, chicken breast, beef, turkey with veg for lunch and again chicken breast, turkey or steak for dinner.
    I have a protien shake as well after the gym. Its Precision Engineered Whey Protien.

Gym 14/07/13
    • 30 minute run
    • Squats 3x20
    • Dumbell Flyes 3x12,10,8
      • Dumbell Bench Press 3x12,10,8
      • Incline Dumbell Bench Press 3x12,10,8
      • Dumbell Rows 3x12,10,8
      • Overhead Cable Tricep Extension 3x12,10,8

Started at 90kg, down to 87.5kg now! Very happy so far!

You should try 1mr or con-cret preworkout I think there one of the best and you should do different parts each day eg:
    Day1:Chest triceps abs
    Day 2:shoulders legs calves
    Day3:back trap bicep .

That's the best so you can concentrate on particular body part. There's also deadly workouts on bodybuilding.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Thanks, yeah I am going to start concentrating on specific muscle groups at a time! Ill check out those pre-workouts as well! I'd there any particular brand of protien you'd recommend?

• Advertisement

alan1990 wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah I am going to start concentrating on specific muscle groups at a time! Ill check out those pre-workouts as well! I'd there any particular brand of protien you'd recommend?

I'm tryin out the profi- mass by olimp it's half carbohydrates and half protein I am finding it good I'm getting good gains. More than I did on any of the others
    I used to take the optimum gold standard 100%whey,anabolic state,Kinetica whey, fa whey,nxt proformance whey.I recomend that you try all differnt kinds then go back to the one that works the best. There's a new beef protein with natural creatine 0%fat it's called carnivor it's on my list to try next and supposed to have an excellent taste . Here's a link for the one I'm taking now .
    http://npng-nutrition.ie/category/gainers/olimp-profi-mass-2800g

Btw I like your diet it's nice and clean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

So I started back at the gym yesterday
    take Craze as a pre-workout! I'm very happy with it, it definitely help me keep focus in the gym!
    You should try 1mr or con-cret preworkout I think there one of the best
    There's a new beef protein with natural creatine 0%fat it's called carnivor it's on my list to try next and supposed to have an excellent taste

Seriously??

Advertisement