Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Fibre 3rd party Modem

Options
  • 04-07-2013 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    If anyone could help would be greatly appreciated.
    I presume and know that Eircom will not support 3rd party modems on the e-fibre product (away from the Thompson and Zyxell solution).

What I am curious about though is the settings on the box. Can anyone tell me whether its still standard PPPoE or iPoE? 
    PAP vs Chap?
    Standard of VDSL profile 17a, 8a, 12a etc?
    Any other details including encapsultion, 802.1x requirements etc would be great as although I can put the Zyxell into bridge mode. I would prefer to use my 3rd party mode/router if possible.

Regards
    Rattle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Rattlehead_ie,

The best advice I can offer is to contact our technical support team on 1890 260 260 (telpehone number and option 0)

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭andublin

Hi Rattlehead_ie,
    Please let us know what you find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

andublin wrote: »
    Hi Rattlehead_ie,
    Please let us know what you find out.

Hi andublin

If Rattlehead_ie does not get back to you I would advise contacting eirom broadband support (1890260260 option 0).

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Hey guys,
    Noted that I need to test it, but it would seem that traffic coming off of the dsl sync unit needs to be tagged with VLAN 10.
    When the modem is in bridge mode it does this.

So if you are to replace your modem completely with a different non Eircom supplied device, prepare to get tagging :)

I'll post more when I get time to test.

Advertisement