Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livery in Dublin

Options
  • 04-07-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi. I'm looking for a livery yard in the Dublin area as I'm moving my horse, so if anybody knows any nice places with reasonable prices, I'm all ears! I've got just less than a month to move out so any ideas are wonderful!
    Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

North or south side of the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭paddi22

i've been in a few yards in dublin, and kilcrea in donabate is a lovely yard. great facilities, brilliant hacking around the estuary, very friendly and they do grass livery. sallows wood near swords is also a lovely yard, quiet but very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

Hawthorn lodge in Kilternan is a nice livery yard, has an outdoor floodlit arena, there are lots of other suggestions in the 'contact details...' thread too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MsMac

paddi22 wrote: »
    i've been in a few yards in dublin, and kilcrea in donabate is a lovely yard. great facilities, brilliant hacking around the estuary, very friendly and they do grass livery. sallows wood near swords is also a lovely yard, quiet but very good.

I looked at Kilcrea this morning and got a lovely tour off a man who works there. Only there for half an hour but I've decided it's perfect as it has lovely facilities and is only a ten minute walk from where I live. I'll check other places as well but so far it looks like Kilcrea will be the one for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Contact details thread as mentioned above is great for livery! Only know of one of the yards mentioned above, hawthorn lodge- its nice but wouldn't be suitable for anyone wanting to school for competition- the arena just isn't up to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Contact details thread as mentioned above is great for livery! Only know of one of the yards mentioned above, hawthorn lodge- its nice but wouldn't be suitable for anyone wanting to school for competition- the arena just isn't up to it!

Can't say I'd agree with that assessment. The surface of the arena was redone this year and lots of the livery customers using it for lessons & schooling for competitions - must be up to it as they're progressing nicely in competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MsMac

Thanks for all the help everybody! I really appreciate it :) Me and my horse have now officially moved and I'm hoping he settles in nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mariamshai

Hi I'm looking for cheap as poss DIY or grass livery I live in north of Dublin and it must be bus route with a bit of walking thanks anyone please help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Please don't drag up zombie threads.

/Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement