Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People taking the piss

• 04-07-2013 7:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

Story: This morning I took a Bus Eireann bus to Dublin and all was well and grand. We arrived on time, pulled in along the Quays just after O' Connell bridge and everybody started to get off. I was furthest down the back and last off, not that I was taking my time getting off or anything, and as I made it off the last step of the bus, the bus door slammed closed on me, hitting me in the shoulder and shoving me off the last step. "What the ****?" I said to myself and looked in through the glass window.

The driver was sitting in his seat absolutely pissing himself laughing. And then pulled off. That was pretty galling. Fair enough, people make mistakes all the time and I'll be the first to admit I'm no genius, but it seemed like he either did it for teh lulz or just didn't give a **** and was taking the piss.

I know I'll encounter this guy again because he takes my route in the mornings and when I see him I'll be sure to tell him to cop the **** on. Has anyone else ever encountered people who just don't seem to have any deceny and completely take the piss like this? I'd really like to think it was an isolated incident.

Also, in before anyone says public service workers are all muppets. I get Bus Eireann a good bit and this is the first time anything like this has happened. I prefer Kavanagh's, but if needs be, I'll hop on that Bus Eireann bus quicker than a Flea on a Dog.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Maybe, you smelt of PISS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Sounds funny to me to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Your sense of humor just went that a way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Augmerson wrote: »
    I know I'll encounter this guy again because he takes my route in the mornings and when I see him I'll be sure to tell him to cop the **** on.

I don't believe you will.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Augmerson wrote: »
    Story: This morning I took a Bus Eireann bus to Dublin

I'm starting to doubt the veracity of your location as per your profile :D

Seriously though; you had a moment of red faced embarassment, move on. Don't read too much into it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

What if the bus driver was just a figment of your imagination and you were in fact the bus driver and you're becoming schizophrenic? That be mad wouldn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Dude, why can't all bus drivers be that cool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did he close it on you on purpose or was it just an accident and he laughed nervously?

Big difference between the two. If he's closing the bus on people on purpose he needs to lose his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did he close it on you on purpose or was it just an accident and he laughed nervously?

Big difference between the two. If he's closing the bus on people on purpose he needs to lose his job.

Maybe it was Richard O'Brien driving the bus shouting 'You've got 15 seconds!' and the OP just got out in time.

Could have been worse OP, you'd be giving out if it was an automatic lock-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Complain about him to Bus Eireann.

Dude sounds like a bully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Maybe it was Richard O'Brien driving the bus shouting 'You've got 15 seconds!' and the OP just got out in time.

Could have been worse OP, you'd be giving out if it was an automatic lock-in.

I know it can be a challenge to travel with ease on Public transport, but you do not win a crystal if you succeed !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

He was probably just keen to get you off the bus so he could chain-smoke and practice being rude. It's Bus Eireann policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are we talking about one particular bus driver, all bus drivers or people in general?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

biko wrote: »
    Are we talking about one particular bus driver, all bus drivers or people in general?

People in general. Not to be picking on bus drivers like. That was just an example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

People are assholes. Dont worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Ya should of pulled the outside emergency handle and watch that smile drop from his face. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

I don't believe you will.

Why do people say this? Not everyone is a keyboard warrior.

I hope he does confront him.

Some might see this as funny but what happens when he does to an elderly person?

What goes around comes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Wouldn't driving a double decker bus without any passengers on it just be the coolest thing ever, I mean, the size of the feckin thing. It's bigger than most peoples apartments in terms of area. Ya could really do one of them into something nice.

Anyway, I've nothing else to add to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,620 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Happened to me on an airplane. Had a terrible fall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

SV wrote: »
    Wouldn't driving a double decker bus without any passengers on it just be the coolest thing ever, I mean, the size of the feckin thing. It's bigger than most peoples apartments in terms of area. Ya could really do one of them into something nice.

Anyway, I've nothing else to add to this.

Post of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Why do people say this? Not everyone is a keyboard warrior.

I hope he does confront him.

Some might see this as funny but what happens when he does to an elderly person?

What goes around comes around.

What ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If the op feel to the ground when hit by door, I'm thinking the driver would not have been laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Carnegie

mickdw wrote: »
    If the op feel to the ground when hit by door, I'm thinking the driver would not have been laughing.

Hes obviously a bully so he would of been laughing even harder if he fell to the ground. The OP is almost certainly smaller than the bus driver hence why the driver did it, they never do it to people bigger than them. My advice op is to report him to bus eireann, once they know the time and route then can pinpoint the driver. Nothing will come of it of course but at least it will aggravate the b@stard. Then next part of the plan is to get a mate of yours who isn't afraid of confrontation, wait at the stop at the same time, if its the same driver get your mate to chin him. Its the only way bully's learn.

Advertisement