Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a discount or will I have to swap to another supplier?

Options
  • 04-07-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi 

I am an esb and gas customer with Electric Ireland and I heard an ad on the radio saying 20% discount etc.etc. for new customers

I'm with Electric Ireland and would like this discount too now I know you'll probably say its only for new customers but if you cant offer it to me too then I will have to swap suppliers to get a better deal as I'm pressed for cash at the mo

Hope to hear from yous

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭De Bellem

Hi Barrel

First of all you are doing the right thing by asking questions.  As far as I can tell once you agree a contract

for one /  or for both electricity and gas it lasts about 12 months generally. 

So if I am right and that time has now passed since you signed up, you are   (just like me )  now available as a potential new contracted

customer. To get discounts you must sign up to Direct Debit or online  billing., The alternative  is being without   any discounts on offer  unless you
     decide to agree  a new contract

My advice is that if you are a free agent you should go and check out        Uswitch.ie       to see what is the best package for you before 

u commit to  any supplier for a contracted time

Take a look at my correspondence with Electric Ireland under the   " discount not given "   thread to see where I am coming from.

There are a lot of choices out there  for you  and all I am saying is to check things out  but  most importantly  decide for yourself.
    what is best, for you 

Check around , ask around  and be  Informed .     DB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi Barrel,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We do have price plans available which can offer both new and existing customers discounts of up to 20%.

This ValueReward price plan is available for customers who have been registered with Electric Ireland for more than 12 months. With this price plan, discounts of up to 10% are available off the standard Electric Ireland unit rates for each fuel. This breaks down as a 4% discount for Direct Debit, a 2% discount for Online Billing, and a 4% Dual Fuel bonus discount for having both fuels registered with Electric Ireland.

There is further information regarding the terms and conditions for this price plan available on our website.

If you opt for this price plan, your discounts will be fixed from the date you sign up, until 30th September 2014. As De Bellem has advised, our price plans are fixed term. Though there is a €50.00 exit fee payable if you choose to switch to another supplier before 30th September 2014, you will be guaranteed your discounts until that time if you adhere to the agreed terms of the offer.

If you would like me to review your account and give you some more specific information about what savings are available to you, please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement