Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with logging in on new front page

Options
  • 04-07-2013 7:44pm

5G6atB.png

This has happened to me a few times. It seems to be if I clear my cache (through using CCleaner), and then login via the option on the sidebar, it won't let me.

On Windows 8 (64 Bit) and Google Chrome (latest version - Version 27.0.1453.116 m)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Odd one, unable to recreate here atm on win 8 machine (or any other). IIRC we only throw that particular error when we fail to validate a CSRF token on form submission. I'll be able to take a better look into it tomorrow, thanks for the heads up

No worries - I double checked it again and it throws up the same error.

Here's the steps I went through, if it'll help-

I shut down Google Chrome
    Right click on Recycle Bin and do "Run CCleaner" (I'm running CCleaner version4.02.4115(64-bit), if that's of any help)
    Re-open Google Chrome
    I have this URL bookmarked to access boards, as my means of opening the site, as I prefer to see that first rather than Latest Posts (though I already mentioned that in the Feedback thread)
    Click on log-on on that sidebar.

That's when I get that error. I mean, it's not much effort to just click "login" again, but in case it's throwing up some problem for you lot!

Just went through those steps again and, yep, exact same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I can reproduce this issue by opening an incognito chrome tab on Windows 7 and trying to log in. The first attempt fails, but going back to the homepage and trying again works fine. It's a weird one but at least we can track it down now :)

Danny

Still getting this issue.

Howdy,

Sorry about this. Unfortunately it's one of those bugs that's not being reproduced on our development servers, leaving it hard for us to debug. We'll get there though and will update you as soon as we can.

Danny

• Advertisement

I can't remember headscratching at anything as long as I have with this one and being generally amused by some stuff while debugging; what a bug :D

Developer nerding out aside, this issue should now be resolved.

Thanks for bearing with us

Danny

Nope, still broken.

Ah no, only joking. It's all fixed now! Fair play!

I raised this already in the Feedback thread, but what I'd love is the ability to go straight to the My Forums tab once you have logged in. Personally I find it's the best way to browse boards, so if someone isn't following any forums, you could have a brief message for beginners on how to do so.

Nope, still broken.

Ah no, only joking. It's all fixed now! Fair play!

Nearly wigged out :pac:
    I raised this already in the Feedback thread, but what I'd love is the ability to go straight to the My Forums tab once you have logged in. Personally I find it's the best way to browse boards, so if someone isn't following any forums, you could have a brief message for beginners on how to do so.

We're looking at this right now as part of a revision of functionality, watch the Feedback thread for updates :)

Danny

Nearly wigged out :pac:

tumblr_ltpluq0t6o1qen75u.gif

(you really can find a gif for all occasions.)
    We're looking at this right now as part of a revision of functionality, watch the Feedback thread for updates :)

Danny

Cheers and thanks for your help!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement