Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair play to the Boards team

Options
  • 04-07-2013 7:51pm

This is probably going to seem a little lick-arse, but I don't really care. You really have to hand it to the Boards team (special shoutout to Danny and Ronan, obviously the rest of ye do a damn good job!) for the excellent customer service, for what is a free site. It really is second to none, especially times like today, where they roll out a new layout and effectively get swamped by messages.

When you look at other paying services and the customer service they provide (or in many cases, don't provide), it really is excellent for a free service so, yeah, keep up the good work!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

the fact they even have a feedback thread on it says it all tbh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I remember when this all was just green fields...

/runs.

.. special thanks are due to the original guys who had to hold the servers together with rubber bands and duct tape in the bad ole days - namely CuLT and later Conor. The new lads have it easy compared to that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Steve wrote: »
    .. The new lads have it easy compared to that! :D

On days like today I'm not so sure :D

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭my my my

tbh i wouldnt let them build a crooked wall

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

my my my wrote: »
    tbh i wouldnt let them build a crooked wall

Ah now...Rome wasn't built in a day!

Nothing is considered perfect when it's an online website.
    Any time facebook makes a change for example, millions of people complain/ millions are happy.

When you consider what the site looked like in 2001 compared to now. It's come a long way UI and UX wise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I have to agree with the OP. There was a thread here recently discussing the Talk to Forums (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056957101&page=4) where there was concerns raised about the response times to customers issues and queries. If these companies provided resolution as quickly and comprehensively as boards noone would ever complain. The quality of 'customer care' and responses to queries by unpaid volunteers is well in excess of the service that is provided by companies where we pay alot of money.
    So I would echo BAB's post.

Also, I like the new look of the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Sparky wrote: »
    Ah now...Rome wasn't built in a day
    When you consider what the site looked like in 2001 compared to now. It's come a long way UI and UX wise.

I'd have to disagree. The site looked a lot better and was a lot easier to navigate back in 2001.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

L5 wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree. The site looked a lot better and was a lot easier to navigate back in 2001.

Yeah, but I reckon it'd always be a lot easier to navigate 46 forums than 1,200.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I don't see how it's difficult to navigate now anyway??
    It's hardly rocket science.
    My mother hasn't got a clue about computers yet she still comes onto Boards and finds her way around easily if she needs info about something. (She doesn't have an account though)

And tbh, if you can't come onto Boards and get the hang of it fairly quickly then I dunno how you manage to function on a daily basis.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

L5 wrote: »
    You didn't join until 2003? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Dades wrote: »
    You didn't join until 2003? :pac:

I registered in '03 but was using the site since '01

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

If boards hadn't changed since its inception there'd still be complaints. I love boards.ie and have found out more from here than anywhere else. I've even stopped buying newspapers because boards and its users are always almost first with local and international news. For a discussion forum of its kind boards isn't doing too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Here's 2001

Only 20 Latest Posts, it's a wonder the site lasted a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Masked Man wrote: »
    Here's 2001

Gandalf moderated the Atheism and Agnosticism forum? I am in the company of great legends!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Masked Man wrote: »
    Here's 2001

The number of active users during the day now at any one time is a multiple of the total number of accounts back then. You could reasonably read every post made on the site each day if you had a small enough amount of time to kill (lab work, waiting for an experiment to run in my case). :P

Jernal wrote: »
    Gandalf moderated the Atheism and Agnosticism forum? I am in the company of great legends!:D
    Hmmmm, don't think so. I was the first mod of A&A after it was created circa 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bloody hell its interesting seeing how the homepage has changed over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dades wrote: »
    Hmmmm, don't think so. I was the first mod of A&A after it was created circa 2005.

Well, there's a gandalf listed here. Please don't burst my bubble! Don't get me wrong you are utterly awesome but it's gandalf, Gan-freaking-dalf! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Jernal wrote: »
    Well, there's a gandalf listed here. Please don't burst my bubble! Don't get me wrong you are utterly awesome but it's gandalf, Gan-freaking-dalf! ! !

That's 2006 dude. :P

Must be some caching discrepancies even still. Gandalf was never a mod, and neither was Talliesin. Maybe they were listed CMods at the time?

That fella "The Atheist" - now he was a legend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement