Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre News Nenagh

Options
  • 04-07-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi I am just wondering when the efibre team is fibring up Nenagh (which isnt that hard because i know about that fibre optic LINK aroung the town that was usealass up until now ) but anyway would ye come out as far as kilkeary cross because it as 2 bigish factories and a crap tone of houses that would go for 70mb down and 20mb upload so you would easaly gain from that and there is already eircom duckting down for the phne cabels so all ye would have to do is run a fibre cable out from nenagh to mini exchanges along the road and copper it into the houses . Please I need faster internet for online gaming and uploading videos to Youtube thanks ......  :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi I am just wondering when the efibre team is fibring up (which isnt that hard because i know about that fibre optic LINK aroung the town that was usealass up until now ) but anyway would ye come out as far as kilkeary cross because it as 2 bigish factories and a crap tone of houses that would go for 70mb down and 20mb upload so you would easaly gain from that and there is already eircom duckting down for the phne cabels so all ye would have to do is run a fibre cable out from nenagh to mini exchanges along the road and copper it into the houses . Please I need faster internet for online gaming and uploading videos to Youtube thanks ......

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

I know it is frustrating when surrounding areas / towns in Tipperary are on the efibre map. I have been advised that the main Nenagh is part of the later efibre roll-out phases.

However it may be 2014 before we have an definitive indication as to when it may go live for that exchange.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

I know it is frustrating when surrounding areas / towns in Tipperary are on the efibre map. I have been advised that the main Nenagh is part of the later efibre roll-out phases.

However it may be 2014 before we have an definitive indication as to when it may go live for that exchange.

Thanks, Mark
    Sorry for not getting back earlier I had conectivity issues but I understand and I know that the map is only made on how far the phone lines go for the nenagh exchange but ONE more question I dont really care when eEfibre goes live but when it does will every part of the map have access to 70mb or will it be extendend outside of the town after the relase date ????????????

Thanks, I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Sorry for not getting back earlier I had conectivity issues but I understand and I know that the map is only made on how far the phone lines go for the nenagh exchange but ONE more question I dont really care when eEfibre goes live but when it does will every part of the map have access to 70mb or will it be extendend outside of the town after the relase date ????????????

Thanks, I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

efibre is still subject to distance factors (from the cabinet) so not every address can avail of the "up to 70MB"efibre packages. Until an address is connected to the cabinet & we can run a speed test we could not give an indication of the speeds that may be available I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

efibre is still subject to distance factors (from the cabinet) so not every address can avail of the "up to 70MB"efibre packages. Until an address is connected to the cabinet & we can run a speed test we could not give an indication of the speeds that may be available I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark
    Ok I know where your coming from because it simpily wouldnt make sence to put a cabinets for every house bescause they cost a nice bit of bob but when it goes live will I have an increse in speed ?? And  I noticed that it now says that Nenagh is being fibred from july to september now so that a good thing I guess .And will ngb speeds be out as far as the phone cables go thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ok I know where your coming from because it simpily wouldnt make sence to put a cabinets for every house bescause they cost a nice bit of bob but when it goes live will I have an increse in speed ?? And  I noticed that it now says that Nenagh is being fibred from july to september now so that a good thing I guess .And  thanks again
    Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

When efibre is available to your line you will need to place an order for an appointment of a technician to install the service before you notice a change in speeds.

I'm not too sure what you mean in your question: "will ngb speeds be out as far as the phone cables go"?

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

When efibre is available to your line you will need to place an order for an appointment of a technician to install the service before you notice a change in speeds.

I'm not too sure what you mean in your question: "will ngb speeds be out as far as the phone cables go"?

Thanks

Al
    I mean when the exchanges are ugraded will I get a better speed on my line or will it still depend on how far away the excahnge is from me ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I mean when the exchanges are ugraded will I get a better speed on my line or will it still depend on how far away the excahnge is from me ?

Thanks
    eFibre going live in your local exchange will have no impact on the speed of your current NGB package.

Thanks

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Your speed will not be affected unless you subscribe to efibre. If you subscribe to efibre your speeds will increase.

Al

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Your speed will not be affected unless you subscribe to efibre. If you subscribe to efibre your speeds will increase.

Al
    OK all understood :) but if I subscribe to the 50mb package will I get the upto 50mbs or will I be looking at 24mb the highest ngb speed ?

OK all understood but if I subscribe to the 50mb package will I get the upto 50mbs or will I be looking at 24mb the highest ngb speed ?
    I_HAVE_NO_NAME

You will get up to 50mb. It's not based on what NGB speed your line can currently hold.

Al

• Advertisement

I_HAVE_NO_NAME

You will get up to 50mb. It's not based on what NGB speed your line can currently hold.

Al
    Right is there any guarantee on what speed I will get ?

Also yesterday I went into the vodafone shop because I was collecting my broken phone and they said that our line is due for an upgrade so maybe that might mean that efibre might be that upgrade ?

Right is there any guarantee on what speed I will get ?

Also yesterday I went into the vodafone shop because I was collecting my broken phone and they said that our line is due for an upgrade so maybe that might mean that efibre might be that upgrade ?
    Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

No, there is no guarantee to what speed you will get until the service is active and this is why the term (up to) 50mb is used but it's usually well over 24mb.

I dont know what the guy in the vodafone shop was referring to but check this map and run your number through the line checker locahted where it says "Or click here to check if your home is already enabled for eFibre"

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Al

OK And will there be a mini exchanges and if so will there be a cut off point of speed in other words will it drop below we'll say 30 MBS and then will there be another mini exchange

OK And will there be a mini exchanges and if so will there be a cut off point of speed in other words will it drop below we'll say 30 MBS and then will there be another mini exchange

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

I have never heard of a mini exchange, so I really dont think there will be mini exchanges to act as back up.

Al

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

I have never heard of a mini exchange, so I really dont think there will be mini exchanges to act as back up.

Al
    Well I would think that a mini exchange would act as a booster for the speed of the fibre running along the old copper cables because the cooper copper cables will loose the fibre speeds very quickly and the use a mini exchange to up the speed to fibre again

Well I would think that a mini exchange would act as a booster for the speed of the fibre running along the old copper cables because the cooper copper cables will loose the fibre speeds very quickly and the use a mini exchange to up the speed to fibre again
    The fibre will run along fibre, from the exchange to a new vdsl cab located next to or near the old copper cabs. Once it hits the new cab, it then runs on the existing copper wires to your house. Your speed is then determined by your distance to the cab, and not the exchange, as is the case at the moment.

The fibre will run along fibre, from the exchange to a new vdsl cab located next to or near the old copper cabs. Once it hits the new cab, it then runs on the existing copper wires to your house. Your speed is then determined by your distance to the cab, and not the exchange, as is the case at the moment.
    Thanks and will there be new cabs put down around the place even if the closest copper cab is in Nenagh and I live a good 4km out from Nenagh

Thanks and will there be new cabs put down around the place even if the closest copper cab is in Nenagh and I live a good 4km out from Nenagh
    Very unlikely in the short term I would say. Have a look at this spreadsheet. Its a list of all exchanges and cabinets released and in the pipe line for Fibre, from Eircoms wholesale website, which has since been removed :rolleyes: by Eircom. You could look for your estate in the list and see if there is a date next to it. Mine is there and the date matches what i've been told by the eFibre reps, so seems to be accurate.

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

There are no plans for new cabinets and as current plans are to upgrade existing cabinets. Plans for situatuoions like this may be made in the future but at the moment there are no plans to do this.

Thanks

Al

But on the map I am well within coverage yet the last e fibre cabinet at present is around 6km away just wondering any rough figures how much the speed drops per km of copper and why does the e fibre maps around most Irish towns show potential 70Mb coverage if Eircom is not going to provide rural e fibre cabinets within these map footprints

• Advertisement

Very unlikely in the short term I would say. Have a look at this spreadsheet. Its a list of all exchanges and cabinets released and in the pipe line for Fibre, from Eircoms wholesale website, which has since been removed :rolleyes: by Eircom. You could look for your estate in the list and see if there is a date next to it. Mine is there and the date matches what i've been told by the eFibre reps, so seems to be accurate.
    Oh I had a look at file and of course I'm not on it be sheet I knew that what I would find

Oh I had a look at file and of course I'm not on it be sheet I knew that what I would find
    But on the map I am well within coverage yet the last e fibre cabinet at present is around 6km away just wondering any rough figures how much the speed drops per km of copper and why does the e fibre maps around most Irish towns show potential 70Mb coverage if Eircom is not going to provide rural e fibre cabinets within these map footprints

Is anybody from eircom going to reply ?

Is anybody from eircom going to reply ?
    Eircom will not provide any Fibre services if your line is more than 1km away from the vdsl cabinet. The map on the website is just there to provide an outline of the exchange footprint. It would be too much work to provide a map with the cabinet footprints.

I_HAVE_NO_NAME

The map is an indication of the areas (planned areas) for efibre.

As it states on the efibre website

https://secure.eircom.net/fibre

The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied.

Thanks, Mark

I_HAVE_NO_NAME

The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied.

Thanks, Mark
    OK so am I to PM you my address so you would be able to check what speeds I can avail of or will I have to wait till e fibre is relesed

I_HAVE_NO_NAME

Thanks, Mark
    I also would like to say that eircom might have planned to bring efibre out here but by the end of 2014 we will have to have at least 30mbs because I read an artical about rural broadband and it said the goverment promisesd to give every house in ireland 30mbs at least before the end of 2014 and ye would easily get yer money back from this because everybody around where I live is quite frankly pi**ed off with the crappy 1mb from eircom out here and it just not fair . because we are paying for an 8mb package and were getting 1mb on a good day and if ye dont start uping the speed by putting new fibre cabinets around the place ye will lose at least 50 to 60 customers and I can say that I will be one of them .

Anybody gunna say anything !?

Anybody gunna say anything !?

Hi I_HAVE_NO_NAME

At this time we have no more information available. So we can not give the specifics / detailed info that you are looking for.

I can pass on your feedback, but can not give any guarantees about the speed available until if and when efibre is connected in the area / cabinet.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement