Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griffith Hall, Drumcondra, Dublin 9

Options
  • 04-07-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi

I am deciding to buy an apartment in development Griffith Hall, Drumcondra.

What is the quality of apartments there? Is this a quiet neighbourghood?

I would be grateful for any tip.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bubblyone

I lived there for a year a few years ago and loved it! Thought the apartment I was in was lovely and liked the neighbourhood. Gated for extra security which was nice. Only minor issue was tendency for randomers to park in my parking spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭natali1982

Thanks very much Bubblyone. Is the underfloor heating working well in winter? Is it warm inside in winter? Are the walls well insulated? Can u hear the neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bubblyone

natali1982 wrote: »
    Thanks very much Bubblyone. Is the underfloor heating working well in winter? Is it warm inside in winter? Are the walls well insulated? Can u hear the neighbours?

The one I was in was really cosy in winter! It was west-facing so think that was part of it. They seem really well insulated though and the underfloor heating worked well. One of my walls was to the outside but didn't hear neighbours through walls/floor or anything. Only when windows were open! They seemed like well built apartments. Bedrooms were small but loved the living space.

Just remembered: used get condensation on the big sliding door in the bedroom during winter-but only in a spot where I had the curtain right up against it so it might have been my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dubrenter

Hi natali1982, I know this thread is quite old by now! Just curious if you bought in this complex? Am looking at apartments in that area myself at the moment.

Advertisement