Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ram issue? Help!

Options
  • 04-07-2013 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so 2 days ago I turn on my PC as usual and instead of booting it just makes a series of 2 beeps. I look it up online and all the info points to a ram issue and the advice is the take out the ram and reseat it. So I did that. Didn't work, still 2 beeps. Did it again but this time just with one stick of ram. Now it made a series of 4 beeps. I swapped that stick of 2GB ram with a 4Gb one, boot the PC and it works! So then I add each other stick and boot it and it works each time, eventually I have the 4 sticks of ram back in there and all is well. PC works fine for the past 2 days, no changes, and now all of a sudden when I go to turn it on again - 2 beeps.

Seriously lads...what the :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I would memtest that for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Khannie wrote: »
    I would memtest that for sure.

I'll try that if I manage to get the thing running again.

Advertisement