Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cork this month.

Options
  • 04-07-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

I'm moving down to cork this month from Waterford, I start in UCC as a mature student in September. I'll be 25. I'll be looking for work straight away when I get down there on the 19th.

Besides handing in CV's all over the place and checking on here is there any recruitment agencies or similar places I can go to, to help me in my search? What about shopping centres and such outside of the city? I'll be fairly new to Cork living in the Wilton area so they only place I know of will be in the city centre along the main street.

Cheers guys.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

dazftw wrote: »
    I'm moving down to cork this month from Waterford, I start in UCC as a mature student in September. I'll be 25. I'll be looking for work straight away when I get down there on the 19th.

Besides handing in CV's all over the place and checking on here is there any recruitment agencies or similar places I can go to, to help me in my search? What about shopping centres and such outside of the city? I'll be fairly new to Cork living in the Wilton area so they only place I know of will be in the city centre along the main street.

Cheers guys.
    What type of work are you looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Gamb!t wrote: »
    What type of work are you looking for ?

Yeah I should have said.. Anything really that I can do part time.. Hotel, Bar, Cafe, Retail. I wouldn't mind do something with photography working with galleries down there.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

dazftw wrote: »
    Yeah I should have said.. Anything really that I can do part time.. Hotel, Bar, Cafe, Retail. I wouldn't mind do something with photography working with galleries down there.

You could always check out FAS on the Coal Quay. Its right across from the Bodega Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I did my four years in UCC working weekend nights in security (static guard), it was very handy and I studied like mad :D. I was a mature student myself so best of luck OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mm Fas are as helpful now as well they aren't helpful at all at all. Keep on eye on jobs.ie.. The Clarion seem to be looking for people all the time. it wouldn't be a huge walk or trip to get there

• Advertisement
Advertisement