Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I won't be getting an Xbox One

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I dont get the opposition to a always connected device. My 360 is almost always connected to the internet, when its on. Obviously you have to be connected to be on xbox live.
    AFAIK my smartphone is always connected to the internet too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I dont get the opposition to a always connected device. My 360 is almost always connected to the internet, when its on. Obviously you have to be connected to be on xbox live.
    AFAIK my smartphone is always connected to the internet too ?
    It isn't a problem being connected, it is more a hey, there are going to be situations where I will not be able to connect to the internet type of thing. For instance, if you move places that is time you will not be able to get online as you have to set up broadband, as a for instance. If your ISP is down, then you can't connect.

There are lots of people who have a working internet but can't get their consoles online. I was living in one such place last year. Couldn't get my consoles online at all. There were 300 people living there, and there was a lot of other accomodations like that around the area. An assumption that if there is internet means you can get your console online is just wrong.

All of this is irrelevant, anyway. The always online (or 24 hour online) thing isn't going to happen anyway, luckily, so it is just academic.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

My Pc wount try to pop up an ad for condoms just because I like to make sweet love to misses shadowhearth on my PC desk... :rolleyes:

Mental note: Never place any offers on computer parts Shadowhearth is selling on adverts. :)

Advertisement