Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uneven moderation.

Options
  • 04-07-2013 10:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭

I have received two infracts in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056983263

I've no problems with the second one really, but the first one I find to be totally ridiculous and very draconian considering the general tone of the thread, and several of the posters there, up until that point.

I was infracted for "abuse" of ben.schlomo in this post
    It won't work because people like ben.schlomo are 100% dedicated to ignoring the law by insisting their dogs sh1te all over public areas.
    Now I can't see how this even constitutes personal abuse, and in the context of the thread was extremely mild.
    For examples, from ben.schlomo we had:
    if you took a photo of me in some strange effort to report me for something id more than likely grab it and fook it in the river.
    Which is a threat of criminal damage.
    Great idea, that will work..........or no actually it wont.
    Is this the kind of sarcastic comment (that's the whole post) that passes for constructive conversation in comparison to what I got my infraction for?
    Ah now if that needs explaining to you then youre beyond it really.
    Again, that's his entire post. There's not even a question mark here, this is 100% clear personal abuse. Again, no infraction.
    if you dont like me disagreeing with you then you can feel free to put me on ignore, it wont hurt my feelings.
    This wasn't even addressed to me, but it shows the naked aggression from ben.schlomo which is apparently welcome by the moderators at Galway City.
    Now are you all happy and clappy now that you've had everything explained to you. Anything else i can help you with, any more confusion going on with you today? Now if youre done taking the thread off topic in a woeful attempt to have a go then let everybody continue.
    This post has both an ad hominem ("happy clappy") and an attempt at back seat modding.
    All this from the same poster who is by far the biggest "contributor" to that thread.

On another day I could see how my own post could earn a red card, but with all of this clear personal abuse being seemingly OK (it still is OK, I've reported it and there has been no response) I really can't see how my own post could be worthy of a ticking off.
    As for having a "vendetta" against ben.schlomo, as it was also claimed by the mod, RedHairedGuy, I've never heard of him before, and, like I said, he has more posts, and the most objectionable ones by far, in that thread, so it's not really a surprise that I answered a few of his.
    I'd like for somebody higher up the mod chain of command to have a look at this please.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I'd also like to point out, just to discount this "vendetta" theory, that I had no idea ben.schlomo had individually made so many abusive posts in that thread until I went back through it to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have you discussed this with the mod who issued the infraction as per the process outlined at the top of this page?

Have you discussed this with the mod who issued the infraction as per the process outlined at the top of this page?
    Yes, I have.
    He said he stands by the infraction and to bring it up here if I don't agree.

The other mod, who gave me the post-warning infraction mailed to tell me he didn't see a thing wrong with any of ben.schlomo's posts.
    Quite simply, I find this incredible.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Thanks, leave this with me and I'll investigate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Having reviewed the thread and the post in question it's my opinion that this infraction wasn't warranted.

Infraction to be reversed and thread to be marked as resolved.

Thanks very much Mr Magnolia.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement