Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Payment from Abroad.

Options
  • 04-07-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

As BoI has made it even harder for customers living abroad to pay off their credit card.  I sent a cheque made of £80 to pay off some of my balance on my Irish Credit Card.
    However this cheque has still not been processed, obviosouly i have been charged a late fee due to this. I put all the particulars on the back of the cheque including a written letter.  Is it possible I could receive a call back from the credit card team to see what is happening with this payment, as I do want to call an international number for a call that costs over £10 which I have been doing for over 20 months now.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Can you not just use online banking? Much easier...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sparkie_e

It costs £15 each time to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi sparkie_ie, 

Thanks for your post. 

An international cheque would take some time to clear. 

If you use Banking 365 Online, there is no additional charge to transfer to your credit card for a domestic or international transfer within the EU. The only charge would be the transaction charge which is 28c for personal current account holders and will be 20c from Aug 19th. 

The best way to get in touch with Credit Card Services is to send a Secure Message from your 365 Online Inbox.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement