Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched to Sky - Ericom emails

• 04-07-2013 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hey,

We switched over to Sky broadband today, and everything's grand apart from the outgoing server, we have the smtp as: smtp.tools.sky.com, and the SSL ticked, but we have no idea what username or password we need to put in.

Is it our Sky ID?
    Or is it a sky email that I've seen mentioned a few times on the internet, if so do we just make one up, or were we given one?

Thanks!

Sorted, but still not working, any ideas? We're using Apple Mail and still no joy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

I don't think sky's mail servers use authentication or ssl

try unticking the SSL box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

ok - my bad, it does use ssl

looks like you will have to create a sky yahoo email account & use the username/password for that as the authentication details
    do NOT have "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" ticked

http://help.sky.com/email/set-up-sky-yahoo-mail/get-emails-on-your-windows-desktop-client

NB - make sure you don't change the incoming (POP) server details - leave them as eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeterJC!

Thanks thund3rbird!,

I've got it working on my laptop and phone, however it still does not work on my desktop, with the exact same settings!

Another quick question, whenever I connect to the router by wifi, it connects but it times out on all websites, however, Ethernet works fine and wifi works on all my other devices, I've tried changing the channel and disabling the password, but nothings worked as of yet.

Advertisement