Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revised rent limits? - any real numbers?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭dasa29

if you look at the pdf in the link you posted in post 1, it will give you all the limits.
    it says single person in Limerick city was 390pm now 375pm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Fingal has been adjusted upwards. I let to a couple with a child there (moved to RAS with them but anyway) and they previously had a cap of 775, now it's back up to 850. The rates in Fingal (at least in the urban areas bordering Dublin city) were unrealistic-there was basically no chance of getting housed under RS there. I gave my tenants the option of moving to RAS (as the council offered close to a reasonable market rate) or of finding alternative accommodation after the reduction to 775 cycled through to them at their last review-775 was just too low when the market rate was considered. I gave them a break and took the 775 for the few MONTHS it took for RAS to go live.

I'll give the RAS a shot for 5 years and see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fairly significant increase in Maynooth, leixlip etc with decoupling from the more rural kildare.

dasa29 wrote: »
    if you look at the pdf in the link you posted in post 1, it will give you all the limits.
    it says single person in Limerick city was 390pm now 375pm

Yeah, just had it confirmed by LCC....single person is now 370 or 93.75 per week....lol, go on Daft, there is nothing under 400.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Yeah, just had it confirmed by LCC....single person is now 370 or 93.75 per week....lol, go on Daft, there is nothing under 400.
    The RA applicant has to pay €35 themselves so with the rate of €93.75/week it becomes €128.75/week or €558/month, there should be plenty of places for less than €550/month for a single person!

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The RA applicant has to pay €35 themselves so with the rate of €93.75/week it becomes €128.75/week or €558/month, there should be plenty of places for less than €550/month for a single person!

Forgot about that, i pay €28....but i thought it was 28 and they pay the balance upto 93.75?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The RA applicant has to pay €35 themselves so with the rate of €93.75/week it becomes €128.75/week or €558/month
    No it doesn't. The list shows the maximum rents, not the maximun RS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

murphaph wrote: »
    No it doesn't. The list shows the maximum rents, not the maximun RS.

Just reread that and it will cause a lot of trouble for many people who will find appropriate accommodation impossible to find as nothing is available at the rate allowed.

Advertisement