Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

break up

• 05-07-2013 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

does the guy who left the love of his life to work on himself and fight his depression ever return to her?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hard to say, and I don't mean to be cruel but I wouldn't be banking on it if I were you. Even if he 'worked on it' and was feeling better you both may have grown and drifted apart even were you to meet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Agreed with the previous poster. I am currently going through the same thing, where I have been going out with someone now, whom I thought was "the one" unfortuantely due to a number of complications near the end it didnt work out. He is going through issues with his life as am I. Issues which he felt we couldnt work out together.

Its heartbreaking yes, but do you really want to settle for something which in a few months down the line could end up in turmoile again? The end of my relationship just happened on Tuesday, yes i am heartbroken, but I am not sitting around wasting my life waiting for him to come back to me. Please dont do that either. You will only live to regret it. Do something which makes you happy.

Yes I might seem heartless, I am not. I love him still. But I have found the courage in myself to think If i found him, then anything is possible and I will find someone even better next time. so will you. If it was meant to be, these things wouldnt be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

Why not? I see no reason for not returning unless something between you both make him depressed or made things complicated for both of you. But I would say that it would not be a good idea for wasting your life for something you are unsure of- him returning to you. You might somewhere be knowing the answer, Depends on what he was and what you are really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭shy_boy

I am in the same situation only im the depressed one.. I am stuck between in my mind wheather i want to break up with my girlfriend or am i pushing her away because i am depressed.. When people are depressed its hard for them to know the right answers or maybe thats why he.s depressed in the first place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭leewarden

sadsap wrote: »
    does the guy who left the love of his life to work on himself and fight his depression ever return to her?

This may seem cruel but that is not the issue as much as will she be waiting for you. She may feel abandoned, hurt, rejected. It may take her a while to move on, but she will.
    Will she leave herself open to being hurt again? Doubt it.

Is the OP the he or the she here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 sadsap

its a guy. I am having all those feeling of rejection also as you said. I'm ready, just finding it hard to accept that he's not ready. Feeling like I'm not enough for him as he chose to break up and be alone. I know he needs to be alone to find his own ability to make himself happy before he can be happy with anyone else. I'll work on making myself happy but by the time he gets here will I have moved on? If its meant to be its meant to be, I guess.

its a guy. I am having all those feeling of rejection also as you said. I'm ready, just finding it hard to accept that he's not ready. Feeling like I'm not enough for him as he chose to break up and be alone. I know he needs to be alone to find his own ability to make himself happy before he can be happy with anyone else. I'll work on making myself happy but by the time he gets here will I have moved on? If its meant to be its meant to be, I guess.

Well, that time he gets there might be never as well. He could well have deteriorated as well ye just never know.

As you said, if it's meant to be it's meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Life at times is a b**** just got to keep picking yourself up to get by. Know time goes so f****** slow but you will get through this x x

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭gerryd2

Tell him how you feel. No body whats to go through personal crap like that alone. You get more strength to face problems when someone who loves you is by your side. Don't believe in that, if its not meant to be BS either. Chances are he's feeling exactly the same as you and probably saying the same stuff as you to himself but he feels too weak to say it to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sadsap

i did tell him how i feel, i told him id wait for him forever if i had to even. He gave me nothing. I give up. I realise now that if he was in love with me he wouldn't let me go. but he did. so time to move on and find someone even more amazing who would treat me with the love i need. Its so sad but I give up :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

If he's not in your life - he's not the love of your life.

Don't be his second choice OP.

Stay strong.

I think it's probably a lonely/ low moment for you. You have been getting by by yourself since the break up? As things settled it was likely you might start thinking about him again. I am assuming it's a couple of months ish stage going by your post so that makes sense that these thoughts may still come up from time to time.

You seem to have dealt with them now :)

Advertisement