Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

97 Nissan Micra

Options
  • 05-07-2013 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have a 97 micra that just failed nct on rear nearside and offside brake line having "advanced corrosion" and whole front chassis having "advanced corrosion" also, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea of how much this would cost to get fixed or advice as to whether it would be better off scraped? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

nelll1 wrote: »
    I have a 97 micra that just failed nct on rear nearside and offside brake line having "advanced corrosion" and whole front chassis having "advanced corrosion" also, I was just wondering if anyone has any idea of how much this would cost to get fixed or advice as to whether it would be better off scraped? Thanks in advance.
    it all depends on how bad it is. knowing those micras though the rust is probably too far gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nelll1

Yeah it is quite bad, i think it has to be replaced completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

The brake lines shouldn't be too expensive to do. On the front do they mean the crossmember?

Yeah, it's the whole front underbody that's rusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

If it is the crossmember its a common problem on 90's Nissans. I'd to replace it on my '98 Micra Linky here .

If you want to keep the car PM Nissan Doctor or George Dalton to see what they would charge (I've not used either of these but they both have a good name on here).

• Advertisement

Ok, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The GF got a new crossmember welded onto a 99 K11 Micra by an indy, think it was 200 or so. Maybe a bit more.

That's not too bad, I expected more. I went to my local garage this morning and they said it might not be possible to fix it and that I'd have to go to panel beaters so hopefully I can find someone who can do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We used a guy we know well, price could be more depending.

Advertisement