Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio takes time to kick in

Options
  • 05-07-2013 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I purchased a hp Pavilion g6 laptop less than two weeks ago, and I began to have some problems with it today. It is running Windows 8 and I have only turned it off two or three times, usually I just close down the screen and leave it running. On around two of these occasions the screen has said installing important updates when I turn off the laptop.

The problem is this:
    Whenever I go to play a video, on YouTube or any media player (Spotify, iTunes) it takes from fifteen to thirty seconds for the audio to kick in. Once it does kick in I can pause the video or song and when I resume it the sound works instantly. I haven't changed the sound settings at all and was wondering if anyone is familiar with this problem or has any ideas on what I should do to try and fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

You could try a system restore. Don't know how to find it on win 8, but I guess you will find it if you search for system restore. Just go back to the point before the issue started, or before the last windows update. Edit: it shouldn't delete any files.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 onlineavatar

Thanks! A restore seems to have resolved the issue.

Advertisement