Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using HDMI Switch with UPC HD Box

• 05-07-2013 7:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My HDTV is old and only has one HDMI port on it.

So, about a year ago, I bought a 5 port HDMI switch from Maplin. As the name suggests the switch takes 5 HDMI sources and outputs to the TV. There is a little remote to select which source you want to use.

All of this was working fine until recently.

My UPC HD Box died and I got a replacment box but for some reason the TV signal is not passing through the HDMI switch to the TV. I get a second of UPC / TV image then a second of nothing etc.... SO it doesnt work.

The HDMI switch is still working fine for BLu Ray, WDTV and XBOX etc... but for some reason it is not working with the UPC HD box.

BTW - the UPC Box works fine when connecting directly to the TV just not over the switch.

I've reseated and changed the HDMI the cables.

Any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

There's a problem with UPC boxes and HDMI switches, I had the same behaviour with the 'old' HD box. On the new Horizon box, I either get a green screen, or video with no audio (depending on whether I turn the UPC box on before or after the other devices).

If you do a factory reset it MIGHT fix it. Alternatively you could try one of the 'dumb' push-button HDMI switches which seem to work, but are obviously awkward to use.

Advertisement